Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Just sharing info
momofone
Posted: Feb 19 2009, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Be Kind

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,030

i read this and wanted to share.

Other studies have shown that mothers who used pet flea shampoos had twice the likelihood of having autistic children, and that an association existed between autism and phthalates, substances used in cosmetics and vinyl. Ingredients in certain antibacterial soaps may have a part to play too, according to Dr Hertz-Picciotto, who is also a researcher at UC Davis` M.I.N.D. Institute, said to be a leading autism research facility.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 19 2009, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

TFS. I really wish they could come through with a definite reason as to why one is autistic, ya know. I ache at the thought of what parents of autistic children go through. I think they are just the world for everything they do for their kids, because it's hard work.

A boy in Kylie's class is autistic and I know the times I've been around him I forget just the littlest things and feel so terrible. At her V-day party at school I was in charge of the kids making cookies. The boy's aide was there, but for some reason she wasn't paying close attention to him. I had to deal with the other kids as well, so I wasn't paying as close attention to him as I should and he had a "fit" (lack of a better term) and started eating all the sprinkles/stuff they were putting on the cookies. His aide kind of got upset at me and had to take him out of the room. The rest of the kids couldn't decorate their cookies with the sprinkles because he had gotten into them (fear of sickness, etc that's going around the school). I felt terrible. I knew he had to be watched at all times, but I got overwhelmed with the other kids and it slipped my mind.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Feb 25 2009, 01:43 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

I always wonder if there's just some missing link that a child is born without or if "something" really can cause it. I don't know. My nephew is autistic so I wonder a lot!
PMEmail Poster

lisar
Posted: Feb 25 2009, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

bigthink.gif bigthink.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0104 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]