Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Nothing but crackers...
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Mar 5 2010, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,245

Waylon has gotten on this kick where he only wants crackers, cereals (dry), sweet things (of course!) or anything else crunchy. If I give him softer foods (mac and cheese, sandwiches, mashed potatoes, etc) almost every time he'll boycott it and push his plate away. If I do manage to get him to take a bite he just spits it back out with a terrible face.
I think he's just enjoying the texture more but it isn't healthy. Will never was worried about food one way or the other, so he never got like this.
Normally Waylon eats EVERYTHING, so this is irritating to say the least.
I am wondering how much I should give in on this and how much I should stand my ground. I don't mind it sometimes, but I don't want him to think he can just choose what he wants to eat, you know?
Anyone else have to deal with this??
Thanks!! smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 5 2010, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I don't know how much help I will be because Ashley ate anything and everything like Will.

Maybe offer the crackers as a reward for eating the other foods, or at least trying them. Sort of as that desert.

Also, you could try getting the vegetable crackers, at least they'd be a little healthier.

Sorry, not much help.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 5 2010, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

In my experience, there isn't much you can actually do when kids start being picky other than keep giving them a good variety of healthy foods, and hopefully soon he'll start eating them up again. I know how frustrating it is though ~ my kids used to both LOVE veggies, and now they hardly touch them. I hate giving them food they're probably not going to eat and then throwing it out, but sometimes they do eat some of it so it's good to offer it. wink.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

my2monkeyboys
Posted: Mar 8 2010, 06:04 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Things seem to be getting a little better. I have cut out some of his snacking time, and when we're home I let him choose what he wants to eat (out of what I cooked), rather than just making his plate. Last night he "chose" his dinner and ate pretty well, and this morning was the same. Maybe he just needs some independence in that area.... they grow up too fast... sad.gif wub.gif
Thanks for the help!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0109 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]