Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What do your preteens use to wash their face?
MommyToAshley
Posted: Nov 16 2011, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Ashley got her first pimple on her chin. It seems a bit young at just 9, but I want to get her something to keep her face clean, but that isn't harsh/drying. I think the acne washes would be too harsh at this age? What do your preteens use?

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Nov 16 2011, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 788

I don't have a preteen, obviously, tongue.gif but I think I would just try to find a natural face wash for her, since with most natural products you don't have to worry about getting dried out. Maybe something like this or this? I've found that washing my face with my face wash (I use this avalon organics face wash) just once a day and just using a washcloth with hot water for the other time works well- the hot water opens my pores and the wash cloth is exfoliating. happy.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Nov 16 2011, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

Tanner has had acne around his nose for the last 2 years, and he is now 9. Walmart makes a generic version of Proactiv that works really well for him, and ME! happy.gif That's what he uses. When he remembers (key word there...remembers), it works well and keeps them away. I use all 3 steps (cleanser, toner, and cream), but he only uses the cleanser.

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

coasterqueen
Posted: Nov 16 2011, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Kylie has had various pimples, and some looking almost like black heads on her nose for over a year now. I recently, on the whim because her nose was looking so bad, bought her I believe it was Clean and Clear Black head wash or maybe it was made by Neutrogena. It comes with a little hand brush to scrub face. After using it one day she was so excited at how better her face looked, lol. I plan to get her a natural one, but haven't had time to get to the special organic food store in our area. This is all new to me because I never once ever had to wash my face morning or night like a lot of girls I went to school with did. I may have gotten 2 or 3 pimples growing up and have gotten a few more after being pg, but that's about it. I don't even have to wash make-up off my face --doesn't break me out. Kylie and Megan, both, have bigger pores like their father and will have his horrible acne problem, I'm afraid. sad.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Nov 16 2011, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Noxema (sp?)

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
MoonMama
Posted: Nov 16 2011, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 4,927

I know a couple friends of mine use the Aloe line from The Body Shop for their tweens and I use it myself. Its very easy on the skin and non drying which are both things I myself have to be VERY careful of because I have VERY sensitive skin that dries out REALLY easily, and there's no extra crud in it (perfumes and such). Here is a link to the Aloe starter kit Aloe Kit
PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Nov 16 2011, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I ran to Wal-mart today while Ashley was in dance class, and I didn't see any of the organic or natural stuff that you listed and I thought proactiv or clean and clear might be too harsh, so someone suggested Cetaphil for sensitive skin. It has no dyes or perfumes so I had Ashley try it tonight and she said it made her skin burn. I was trying to get out of her if it was just a tingling feeling but she said it felt like it was on fire, so we won't be using that. Some sunscreens make her face burn too (not sunburn but have a burning feeling when I put them on her). I think I might wait until her physical on Friday and see what her ped recommends, although she's not a dermatologist.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Nov 17 2011, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Good question. I have never really used any of those types of products... and the soap we use here is some generic brand from the dollar store, 8 bars for 2$. blush.gif

I do use hemorrhoid cream on pimples though... I get one or two during certain times of the month.. blush.gif and it clears it up in 12 hours or so

Another good thing to do is to wash with the hottest water you can stand... immediately followed by very cold. The hot water opens up all the pores... you can scrub it... and the cold water closes up the pores to help avoid bacteria getting in the pores, causing a pimple.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Nov 17 2011, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I use dessert essence products with tea tree oil. I have had great luck with the facial scrub, and the cleansing pads. I get my stuff at the health food store, a place like whole foods might carry it, you can order it online tho, and it is affordable.
The Tea tree smells a little strongly
, but it doesn't over dry my skin.
PM
ZandersMama
Posted: Nov 17 2011, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

spectojel is pretty mild, zan uses it , he gets zits since 5 or 6.

http://www.spectroskincare.com/

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0121 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]