Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Baby's sex
msoulz
Posted: Jul 7 2005, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,158

hello all!

I have lurked for a while but finally decided to join. wavey.gif

I was wondering who else chose not to find out the baby's sex? I just want something to be of interest during labor & delivery and that is my thing. I'm looking forward to the surprise!

Although, the tech did refer to the baby as "she" once during the ultrasound - not sure if that was a slip or if that is what the tech normally uses . . .

Just wanted to say hello and see what others think. I see lots of posts from folks who did find out the sex but haven't noticed any the other way!

Mary

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
5littleladies
Posted: Jul 7 2005, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

Hi and Welcome! wavey.gif

I did find out with this baby but didn't with my first two. I just wanted that element of surprise. happy.gif Now that I'm on my 4th I've had enough of surprises. lol! rolleyes.gif

Congratulations on your pregnancy! smile.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jul 7 2005, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

wavey.gif Hello and Welcome!

I did find out that we were having a girl during my pg, I didn't have the patience or self-control to be surprised. blush.gif But, I wanted to welcome you and say I am glad you decided to delurk. Looking forward to getting to know you. wavey.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

MissyKay2005
Posted: Jul 7 2005, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,065

Welcome to the site wavey.gif I did find out but was not going to. I wanted to wait but couldn't anylonger...lol My sister in-law did though and said it was really neat not knowing until the day. Hope you can hold out thumb.gif

--------------------
Mother of two boys. Brandon, who is 10# and Boden, who is 1#. We have one on the way due in Jan.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
MomToMany
Posted: Jul 7 2005, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I found out with the first 3 (all boys), but not the last 2 (both girls). I LOVED not knowing! We won't find out when we have any more either.

Welcome!
kimberley
Posted: Jul 7 2005, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

well i have yet to find out the sex of any of mine but am hoping to this time around. like Jennifer, i have had enough surprises happy.gif . i totally saw it as the highlight of labor and birth to hear "it's a .....!" wub.gif . they are all "she" to most technicians so i wouldn't put to much weight in that lol. welcome to the boards and h&h 9mos to you smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
JessC
Posted: Jul 7 2005, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,289

Welcome!!! wavey.gif

When I have kids, I plan on not wanting to know, but I just might have to find out to buy clothes and cute stuff! tongue.gif

--------------------

-Jessica

PMEmail Poster
Catherine's Mommy
  Posted: Jul 7 2005, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,161

I didn't want to spoil the surprise. (Oh, and if you do, tell everyone to get unisex gifts!) It's a great idea for baby #1!
PMEmail Poster
mckayleesmom
Posted: Jul 8 2005, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

With Mckaylee we found out....With Russell, we wanted to know,,but he didn't want to let us know...So we didn't know until he was born....But I swore and swore it was a girl.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
Sarah&Mackenzie
Posted: Jul 8 2005, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,956

I did not find out what I was having. This was going to be the biggest surprise in my life and wanted to keep it that way. It is amazing when the doctor says it's a .... your heart stops for a moment and then just pure joy. If I have a 2nd baby I won't find out either. Good luck with your pg!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Photobucket
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Summer
Posted: Jul 10 2005, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,087

We didn't find out with the first 2 boys but finally gave in to finding out this one. I think we decided because if it's it would've been a girl then we wouldn't have any girly things. baby.gif

--------------------
Taylor Ian (5)
Greyson Hunter (2)

Baby Boy
Lilypie Baby Ticker

PMEmail Poster
msoulz
Posted: Jul 11 2005, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

Hi all again, thanks for the greetings!

I can absolutely hold out MissyKay! And thanks for the tip on "she", Kimberly. I dont' even know if they check these things if the parents don't want to know. Whatever flavor is in there, s/he is an active little critter!

LOL, 3littleladies, I understand not wanting more surprises!

With my first (who is now 6, and will be 7 right before #2 arrives) I found out when right after he was born and set on me, he was immediately taken away by someone else. I turned my head to follow that someone and saw 6 people in the room who I did not even know had come it. I asked the doctor "what's wrong?" and I'll never forget his words- "he's a big boy, he had a rough ride, we're just going to check him out". That's when I knew it was a HE. wub.gif And the doc said those words in such a calm manner that I calmed right down too. The next time I looked over, everyone was gone and there was my little man, in those things that look like a see-thru crib, just looking around and probably trying to overcome the shock of delivery!

So I am 39 and had several miscarriages in the past few years, and we thought we were done. Then when this happened I didn't have much hope, but here we are at 22 weeks, all seems well! I don't think I will be totally happy until the little tyke is breathing air though. I didn't have any genetic testing or otherwise done, just the ultrasound at 19 weeks, and all looked well there so I am playing the odds that everything is as it should be! I decided not to let that 2% statistic scare me into those extra tests. It wouldn't have made a difference anyway!

That's my story. Thanks again for all of the welcome messages, and for sharing you thoughts on the "do we or don't we find out" question. I can certainly understand both viewpoints, but I'm just too darn stubborn to give in to the husband on this one!! wink.gif

Mary

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0085 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]