Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Wax, help
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
  Posted: Jun 9 2008, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

I bought myself a string bikini last week, gulp. Being in CA, I'm wearing a bathing suit at least once a week, where in CO it was maybe twice a year. So I never really had much concern for what was going on down there before now. A little shaving with a razor would work fine. But every week now, it's not looking so good. Are there home products I can use? I have super sensitive skin. Or should I just go to the salon and get it professionally done...If so, how long does that last, and on average, how much does it cost? I'm willing to take it all off. laugh.gif Remind you I am a brunette, so it's not pretty after a few days. tongue.gif The razor isn't cutting it, no pun intended. blush.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Jun 9 2008, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

EEK, after an at home wax kit gone wrong, I personally wouldn't do it at home rolling_smile.gif But I have no answers to your other questions because I've never had it done blush.gif
PMEmail Poster
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Jun 9 2008, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Jun 9 2008, 12:42 PM)
EEK, after an at home wax kit gone wrong, I personally wouldn't do it at home rolling_smile.gif

LOL !!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster

Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jun 9 2008, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

My BFF gets a brazilian. I'm not brave enough. tongue.gif

She is blonde and goes every 4 weeks, I think. She said in the beginning she had to go more often. I would call the local salon and ask. They will be more than willing to tell you.
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Jul 2 2008, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

I always just had my bikini area done when I had it done professionally and it hurt oh so bad, but the at home stuff hurt even worse....bad experience!! blush.gif I'd call a salon. I've never had a Brazillian and I've had horror stories but I've also heard good things. I usually just use a razor now and it works fine.

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
grapfruit
Posted: Jul 2 2008, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

I'm going to watch this thread intently. B/c it could be me writing it! tongue.gif Well aside from the living in CA....LoL

I have the hardest time shaving, I've tried deoderant (old stripper trick apparently), the "coochie cream" from a "fun show" that is suppose to make you not get bumps, conditioner, shampoo, shaving cream, bar soap, liquid soap, lots of lotion after, everything I can think of.

It still is horrible sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
PrairieMom
Posted: Jul 2 2008, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

Wear shorts. There is never a good enough reason to put wax there.
PM
grapfruit
Posted: Jul 2 2008, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Jul 2 2008, 01:07 PM)
Wear shorts. There is never a good enough reason to put wax there.

ROFLMAO Good answer!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
cameragirl21
Posted: Jul 2 2008, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Member No.: 4,205

I get a brazilian done every 4 weeks, I swear by it. I feel it doesn't hurt at all but most say it does...I have zero tolerance for pain so I can't really explain that. Just to give you an example, I went to the dentist today and would rather have a brazilian done for 2 hours straight than listen to that drilly sounding tooth cleaning instrument any day of the week.
It costs 40 bucks at the salon here. I'm used to it as I've been doing it for years but if you're a first timer, be ready to let go of all your inhibitions...you'll be getting into positions you'd never expect to get into with all the lights shining down on you.... laugh.gif

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Jul 2 2008, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (cameragirl21 @ Jul 2 2008, 05:30 PM)
I get a brazilian done every 4 weeks, I swear by it. I feel it doesn't hurt at all but most say it does...I have zero tolerance for pain so I can't really explain that. Just to give you an example, I went to the dentist today and would rather have a brazilian done for 2 hours straight than listen to that drilly sounding tooth cleaning instrument any day of the week.
It costs 40 bucks at the salon here. I'm used to it as I've been doing it for years but if you're a first timer, be ready to let go of all your inhibitions...you'll be getting into positions you'd never expect to get into with all the lights shining down on you.... laugh.gif

yyyeahhhhh...... shorts.
PM
cameragirl21
Posted: Jul 2 2008, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Member No.: 4,205

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Jul 2 2008, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (cameragirl21 @ Jul 2 2008, 05:30 PM)
I get a brazilian done every 4 weeks, I swear by it.  I feel it doesn't hurt at all but most say it does...I have zero tolerance for pain so I can't really explain that.  Just to give you an example, I went to the dentist today and would rather have a brazilian done for 2 hours straight than listen to that drilly sounding tooth cleaning instrument any day of the week.
It costs 40 bucks at the salon here.  I'm used to it as I've been doing it for years but if you're a first timer, be ready to let go of all your inhibitions...you'll be getting into positions you'd never expect to get into with all the lights shining down on you.... laugh.gif

yyyeahhhhh...... shorts.

LOL, Tara, this is Miami, girl, we all go bald! cool.gif
I remember photograhing a model (a grown one, not a little girl) who was wearing a dress that was so tight that I could see her panty line so I told her to take the panties off...when she did, I could see the outline of hair on her, well, you know.
I was stunned, I said, "you don't wax?!" huh.gif And she said, "Not anymore, my current boyfriend doesn't like it." I had to bite my tongue to keep from telling her to get a new boyfriend. rolling_smile.gif
A brazilian here is part of the routine, just like daily brushing, showers and trips to the grocery store. laugh.gif

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jul 2 2008, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Jennifer, you crack me up!! Seeing it through a dress, not good. Well the shorts suggestion...Most days this is what I'm wearing, but at the beach, bikini all the way. And besides, I have dark hair and lots of it, so even in shorts, if they are a bit too short, and if I didn't groom, well you know....So I shave. But like I said in my OP, the constant shaving is making things down there look worse. Bumpy and in grown hairs. I still haven't called a salon you guys...It has nothing to do with modesty, so that's not really it. I guess I just don't want to start something that I can't afford to maintain. $40 seems like a lot to me every four weeks. We are on such a tight budget right now, so I think I'm sticking to DH's razor with shaving cream. Trader Joe's has a good mango shaving cream, it's just that I almost always have that 5 o'clock shadow after only a day! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0120 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]