Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> losing too much weight
suzanner
Posted: Jun 16 2007, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,937

during my pregnancy I was very Ill and only gained 14lbs. I have now lost 33lbs and I feel as if my baby is draining the life out of me. I weigh 117lbs and look like a stick. I feel as If I'm going to pass out all the time. I take iron supplements, folic acid, prenat vitamins and B12 injections once a week. I absolutely refuse to stop BF, that is not an option. any suggestions on how to increase my energy level? oh, I do eat healthy!

--------------------
user posted image
[url=http://tickers.families.com]user posted image[/url
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Jun 16 2007, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

My mother had the same problem with BF me. She was told to eat lots of high fat foods, like milk shakes and things along those lines. but that was 30 years ago. rolleyes.gif
I would call your OBGYN, or a lactation consultant.
PM
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jun 17 2007, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

I'm the same way. Gained 25 and lost 40. I know it seems like a blessing to some, but it can be scary to see your body that way. Sounds like you maintain a healthy diet and you do eat all meals, right? Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Don't skip them even if you are busy with the baby. Make things the night before so that you can just grab and go. I just make sure that I'm eating a lot more small meals throughout the day, LOTS of snacks, but healthy snacks - no empty calories like potato chips or candy. Yes, milkshakes and ice cream are great for packing on extra pounds and the calcium is good for your body and baby. I had dessert almost everyday this past year...but have slowed down now that Wesley is also slowing down on BF. I had to sorta re-teach myself what to eat, like instead of getting a salad when I go out, get a burger with salad on the side. The key is upping your daily calories but not doing it with sugary snacks which will just cause more fatigue IMO. Add in fruit smoothies for breakfast (which are loaded with carbs), but put in WHOLE milk yogurt or frozen yogurt or sherbert. Don't use any sugar supplements or do anything non-fat. Do not skip carbs. Your body needs them for fuel, so does the baby. GL. I had the same thing happen with my first, but as soon as he weaned, I gained some of the weight back. You can always talk to your doctor about it. I did since I dropped pretty fast this last time. I got blood work done and all was okay...but its good to check it out just in case. hug.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

momofone
Posted: Jun 17 2007, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Be Kind

Member No.: 11,030

Sorry your feeling that way. The only thing I can think of is maybe try more protein? Chicken or beef . Hope you feel better soon.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0106 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]