Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Still bf at 1, and getting frustrated
BabyOwen427
Posted: Apr 5 2007, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

Jazz Hands!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,095

I still bf ds at least twice a day sometimes more if he or I am feeling in need of cuddles. But lately he has been scratching at me, my boobies have red marks all over them. Or he'll hit them. And when I move his hand or put my hand between his nails and me he gets mad. I keep his nails trimmed as much as possible but it still hurts! And I get so frustrated with this that I just want to give up and wean him, but then he'll settle down and stare at me and fall asleep nursing and I realize how much I love this. wub.gif I feel like I am getting mixed signals from him. One minute he doesn't want to nurse and the next minute he can't get enough! I am not sure if I am ready for all this toddler stuff wacko.gif Ugh! Thanks for letting me blahblah.gif blahblah.gif blahblah.gif

--------------------
Beth, proud Army wife to Curtis, supermommy to Owen!

user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
StephanieM
Posted: Apr 5 2007, 10:40 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 10,474

Wow, so sorry you are going through this. My DD likes to pinch my nips and it hurts, she's 11 months. I think I'm going to try and wean her around 1 yr. Not really sure though because she refuses the sippy and I don't really want to try a bottle so........ It always sucks when they fall asleep in your arms or look up at you so sweet while nursing....it makes you never want to stop. Sorry I couldn't offer more advice. Good luck

--------------------
Stephanie, mom to 4 beautiful girls!
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
EvesMom
Posted: Apr 14 2007, 05:58 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,293

I went through this with my DD. I made a nursing necklace to occupy her while nursing. It worked wonders. I just strung a bunch of different beads (different colors and shapes) and put it on while nursing. She loved to play with it while nursing, and it saved me from the scratching and biting.

--------------------
Photobucket
Wife to Rick
Mother to Evelynn & Jesse
PMEmail Poster

~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Apr 14 2007, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

My son did the scratching and pinching thing too. Ouch! blink.gif I never tried it, but a nursing necklace is a good idea. Good luck! hug.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
holley79
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,515

hug.gif I know how you feel. Annika does the same thing to me. It got so bad that I was ready to just give up and just wean her. So far we are still going strong.

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0118 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]