Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Passion and Intimacy Board suggestion
CAMSMOM1
  Posted: Dec 15 2005, 09:57 PM
Quote Post

The Cam Man is 2 yrs old

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,907

I understand the purpose of having it restricted. I totally agree with that, and think it's a great idea.
I know that you want long term or "serious" members to be in this board, and not for new-comers.
But I really would like to post on there, and have a couple questions that I wouldn't want to post on another board.
My suggestion is this, if the amount of posts needed to enter is now 500. What if it could be a more reasonable, but still safe amount, like 250? It seems like it's going to take me months to be able to "qualify" to get on that board, and I really need to get advice soon.
Again I agree with your reasons to keep this private and secure, and for serious members only. But I think once you've posted 250 posts, that you would have to be a member for awhile, and it's not going to take 6 months to get on there. I've been on here a month, visit a few times a day, and only have 86 posts. So by the time I reached 250, it would be at least 2 months or more and you can still see that I am a serious and mature enough person to post.

Hope this makes sense. And I hope this will be considered.

Ann

--------------------
~Ann~ Wife to Justin, Mommy to Cam
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterAOL
Jamison'smama
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 04:26 AM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 214

If you would like a question posted on the P&I board, maybe you could PM your question to one of the mods or someone with enough posts to post on the board and they can message you back any comments/suggestions given on the board. Just a thought.

This post has been edited by Jamison'smama on Dec 16 2005, 05:29 AM

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
mom2tripp
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 05:14 AM
Quote Post

My little man

Member No.: 1,846

Actually getting to 250 posts happens pretty quickly and I think 500 is a more safer limit--JMHO

--------------------

PMEmail Poster

amymom
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 05:40 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

QUOTE (mom2tripp @ Dec 16 2005, 08:14 AM)
Actually getting to 250 posts happens pretty quickly and I think 500 is a more safer limit--JMHO

I agree. It doesn't take long. I like getting to know people before they get there. It takes time.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
3_call_me_mama
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 05:42 AM
Quote Post

Waiting for sun!

Member No.: 254

I agree that 250 posts can accumulate quickly. 500 is a safer # and like brenda said (jamison's mama) you could always PM someone and have them sak for you and they could send you the replies. I know personally I have seen some people join here and have 200 posts in the first 5-6 days and it makes me a little nervous that someone who has been on less than a week would have access to a passworded forum that peopel share very private adn intimate stories/feelings. that is just my opinion.. I'd actually liek to have teh limit set HIGHER casue I feel that sometimes people (not anyone specific) just post like crazy JUST to gain access to the P&I forum. Again that is solely my opinion.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
3_call_me_mama
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

Waiting for sun!

Member No.: 254

QUOTE (CAMSMOM1 @ Dec 16 2005, 12:57 AM)
But I think once you've posted 250 posts, that you would have to be a member for awhile, and it's not going to take 6 months to get on there. I've been on here a month, visit a few times a day, and only have 86 posts. So by the time I reached 250, it would be at least 2 months or more and you can still see that I am a serious and mature enough person to post.

Your posts for example have aded up quickly. You have been a member for 9 days and have (at teh time I posted this message) 104 posts. So if you double that in 18 days you would have 208 and at 22 days you would have 254 posts, if you continued to post at the current rate you have been. So that is just barely 3 weeks time (3 weeks 1 day actually) so it really wouldn't take a couple months to reach that limit. Which is why (i believe ) it is higher.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
MomToMany
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 05:59 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

500 posts is the bare minimum I would suggest for that board. I'd suggest making it higher, for the privacy of the members here. It won't take very long to get to 500 posts.
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 06:10 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

I agree for me 500 is low and would never want to see it lower. It really does not take much time to get that many. I would actually like it higher.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

tbh, i feel 500 posts is still too low because a lot of people can do that in a matter of weeks with the "he's cute, she's adorable" fast posts and we still really dont know the person. unsure.gif

as Brenda said, if you have an urgent question, you can PM a moderator to post it for you and she can copy the replies back to you.

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (kimberley @ Dec 16 2005, 09:14 AM)
tbh, i feel 500 posts is still too low because a lot of people can do that in a matter of weeks with the "he's cute, she's adorable" fast posts and we still really dont know the person. unsure.gif

as Brenda said, if you have an urgent question, you can PM a moderator to post it for you and she can copy the replies back to you.

ITA!

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Yes, you should just PM a mod and they can try to get advice from it that way and we can all reply

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
jacobsmama
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

KRISTI :)

Member No.: 2,060

ITA.. wub.gif

--------------------

Mother to Jacob & Conner. Wife to Loren
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
My2Beauties
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Member No.: 467

I'm with everyone else hon sorry! I too think the limit should be set higher. It was 250 at one time and there were just too many people gaining access to it too fast and we were scared to post things. 500 is an ok limit, but still a little too low for me! PM'ing a mod is a good idea.

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Wasn't it 1000 posts at one time?...I think that's where it was when I got on. Anyway, doesn't matter, but ITA with everyone else. Just PM a mod if you have something you want posted there and he/she can share it with us all. It seems far away now, but you'll get there before you know it!

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
PMEmail Poster

3xsthefun
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 227

Sorry. But I agree with everyone else. I think 500 is too low also.

--------------------
Tina wife to Rob (Sept. 25, 1999)
mommy to Kaitlynn (11), Maegan (7) & Ryan (3.5)
PMMSN
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

I agree with everyone else. I think 500 posts is a low limit. I know I personally have over 500, but I have yet to post in P&I because I understand that is a place people want to feel that they "know" each other and I don't think I've been around long enough to have that feeling with most people. JMO!
PMEmail Poster
CAMSMOM1
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

The Cam Man is 2 yrs old

Member No.: 2,907

Hi ladies, thanks for the replies. Now after reading what you posted, I can 100% agree with you. I never thought of PM someone to put my question on there. That's a great idea. I can see what you mean, getting to know somebody and having their trust. I would want the same thing, and I totally respect that. Now I see things in a different light. And I agree that 500 is a very responable number now. I never thought about people posting like crazy to get on there, I guess some people would think like that. Now that I see things in a different perspective, I agree with you, 500 or more posts should be the number.
[B]Ann
[/B]

--------------------
~Ann~ Wife to Justin, Mommy to Cam
PMEmail PosterAOL
Bee_Kay
Posted: Mar 21 2006, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,257

When I first started here, I believe the required amount of posts needed for that board was 500. So I tried, and it won't let me. It says that I need 1000 posts.

Was I wrong about the 500 post requirement?

ETA - I understand the posting requirement. I have only been here about a month and a half (although it seems ALOT longer LOL)

This post has been edited by Bee_Kay on Mar 21 2006, 03:07 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Mar 21 2006, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

the current post requirement for P&I is 1,000 posts. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Bee_Kay
Posted: Mar 21 2006, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,257

Yep, I see that smile.gif
I just didn't see that it was raised smile.gif
Thanks!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Brias3
Posted: Mar 21 2006, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

I'm nowhere near the limit but even I think 500 posts is too low. Especially due to the fact that a large number of posts can be accumulated just by someone visiting the games board and the intro board, etc.- boards that have many topics that don't require a long or indepth response, nor do they really let everyone get to know the character of the person posting.

For such a private area, I think that the limit in place is at LEAST what it should be at. Good idea with PM'ing the moderators. Even PM'ing a few people you know and trust on here could offer up some good advice smile.gif

edited to make sense!

This post has been edited by Carlson5 on Mar 21 2006, 08:48 PM

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
YuMe-n-GavMakes3
Posted: Aug 11 2006, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 4,380

Okay
PMEmail Poster
YuMe-n-GavMakes3
Posted: Aug 11 2006, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

I think
PMEmail Poster
YuMe-n-GavMakes3
Posted: Aug 11 2006, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

This May
PMEmail Poster
YuMe-n-GavMakes3
Posted: Aug 11 2006, 08:18 PM
Quote Post

Take A While!
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0165 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]