Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Changing to big kid bed?
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,766

At what age did all your kid's change to a big kid bed? We never did a toddler bed with Tanner...right before his 2 year birthday he was in a twin bed and did great. Being Aiden is a much different child, he is still in his crib. laugh.gif sleep.gif He does ok at my parent's house when he sleeps over there in a big bed, but that is if you lay down next to him and I'm not one to do that with my kid's unless they are sick, etc. Aiden is 2 years and 3 months. His crib does convert into a toddler bed so we might give that a whirl soon before we jump head on into a twin. So, I'm just curious at what age did they move out of their cribs? And did they do well, or did it take them some time to get use to?

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
ZandersMama
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

Zander was around 16 months when he started jumping, so i moved him and he did great. Zav was about 2, and he does great but still comes in my bed when he wakes up.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

tongue.gif Well Alyssa slept with us more than she ever slept in her own bed but when she was two we moved her mattress to our floor and she slept there for a little while and then we put her in her room around 2ish and she did great.. Autumn is probably going to be like Aiden she is going to be in her crib for a while she is a VERY busy child emlaugh.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

coasterqueen
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Kylie slept with us or on a mattress on the floor until age 3. Then she went straight to a big bed (full size) with side guards. She did perfectly fine - no problems. Her bed was even pretty high and needs a step to get down off of it and she did fine.

Megan was 3, I guess, when we moved her into a big bed and she had no problem.

Come to think of it, I was wrong -- Kylie was 27-29 months when she went into her big bed because we had to have to the crib ready for Megan when she was born.

I'd put some side rails on it if you think he needs him and put him in -- I think he'll do fine wink.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Will was about 2 when we changed his crib to the toddler bed. He just got to where he was trying to climb out of it. We had one side of the bed against the wall and put a guard rail on the other side. He did fine with it, but we did have a gate at his door in case he got up when we were asleep so he wouldn't be able to wander around the house. Luckily he only climbed over it 1 time, then seemed to forget he could it! laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Brooke was around 1 1/2 - we converted her crib to a toddler bed when Madison was arriving. Madison was a bit younger - just about 1 - because she learned to climb out of the crib. rolleyes.gif Bobby will hopefully be in his crib for a while yet.
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 7,388

We moved Keith to a toddler bed a couple months before he turned 2. We were planning on waiting til he was closer to 2 but Summer was getting too big for her bassinette so we moved Keith to a toddler bed so Summer could move to the crib. He did really well and sleeps in it very good. I have a feeling Summer may be more of a challenge when she moves to a toddler bed, she's more ornery than Keith. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

I was just thinking this the other day, Andrew is starting to climb when he is in the crib,and I am sure it wont be long till he climbs out.
I also have a crib that turns into a day bed, but it still seems so high to me..so I like the toddler bed better, its lower to the ground.
I am going to keep him in the bed though as long as I can. we have the kids upstairs, and I am not comfortable with him navigating the stairs alone especially at night.
I also think andrew would come to our bed every chance he got!
and no one would sleep.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
ZandersMama
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

oh yeah i should have mentioned, baby gates, i have one at the top of the stairs, then one on the landing (2 stairs down, just in case he gets past the first one) on the bathroom door and on the playroom door . the playroom door is because he will get up and go in there and sit up all nite "reading" his books and is brutal the next day. so everything is blocked or double blocked except his room and mine.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

Thanks ladies. Looks like 2 is the magic age. laugh.gif Within the next few weeks I think I'm going to change the bed into a toddler bed first. He really doesn't do well with change, and he really doesn't do well sleeping somewhere he's not use to. I can count on only ONE hand how many times that boy has slept somewhere other than his crib. He just doesn't do well with change at all. So, I figure using the crib as a toddler bed would be a safe transition for him. We shall see! Thanks! cool.gif

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Andrew was 18 months - he did great for a week or two and then something happened I don't remember what, and we ended up putting him back in the crib for a month or so. The second time around he was fine.
Allie is still in the crib - I want to move her to a bed, but up until recently she had been going to bed so nicely I didn't want to mess up a good thing. laugh.gif Now lately she's been a bit of a stinker at bedtime, and I don't want to deal with trying to get her to stay in bed on top of it. rolleyes.gif She'll have to go to the toddler bed or a twin soon though because she's almost 2 1/2 already and I'm worried she'll start trying to climb out soon.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0147 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]