Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Need Advice, ....confussed
monica01
Posted: Jun 5 2010, 01:49 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,044

hello members

i am monica expecting our first baby in few months ... me and my husband is thinking of making an important decision of stem cell cord banking... can anyone tell me the details about it .. is it safe .. for both of us ( me and my baby ) to bank it .... anyone with similar experience ...please share ...

thanks a lot
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Jun 5 2010, 04:53 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I have not banked, but I don't see how there would be any danger to you for doing it. I think the main deal is the cost of it.
PM
CantWait
Posted: Jun 5 2010, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

I have heard a lot of mixed reviews on this and how it's really not worth it for various reasons, however I have heard nothing of it not being safe.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster

jcc64
Posted: Jun 6 2010, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

I have heard a lot of mixed reviews on this and how it's really not worth it for various reasons, however I have heard nothing of it not being safe.

I have heard mixed things as well. Not sure it's worth the money, tbh. Can you ask your dr?

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Jun 6 2010, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

I've read that its thousands of dollars. wink.gif Otherwise, I'd say a great idea.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
monica01
Posted: Jun 8 2010, 02:20 AM
Quote Post

hey ... thanks everyone for your comments friends .... can any one tell me what will be the approx cost of it and where should we bank it ... ?

Thanks again friends

Seeking for your suggestion
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Jun 8 2010, 10:01 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (monica01 @ Jun 8 2010, 06:20 AM)
hey ... thanks everyone for your comments friends .... can any one tell me what will be the approx cost of it and where should we bank it ... ?

Thanks again friends

Seeking for your suggestion

My drs office has brochures. And I've seen it in the pregnancy magazines in the waiting room. Just ask your dr.

--------------------
user posted image
monica01
Posted: Jun 10 2010, 03:02 AM
Quote Post

hello

we have discussd it with our doctor ... he said by no mean this will cause any issues . but told only pros no cons sad.gif is sumone out there with practicle experience.. or shared cons side of it with their doctor ...

plz share

its expensiveness its not an issue but its cons side which will make me more worried

thanks
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Jun 10 2010, 11:10 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (monica01 @ Jun 10 2010, 08:02 AM)
hello

we have discussd it with our doctor ... he said by no mean this will cause any issues . but told only pros no cons sad.gif is sumone out there with practicle experience.. or shared cons side of it with their doctor ...

plz share

its expensiveness its not an issue but its cons side which will make me more worried

thanks

I think until you come across those cons, one will never know. Really though, the cons I've heard are enough for me to not even want to bother, why pay so much for something that may not work or may do more damage in the long run.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
monica01
Posted: Jun 11 2010, 11:52 PM
Quote Post

Hey frnds ... I have heard about Cryobank for blood cord banking .. does any one there knws about it ...?
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Jun 27 2010, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (monica01 @ Jun 10 2010, 07:02 AM)
hello

plz share

thanks

I would specifically ask my dr for the negatives. Honestly, my dr would out right TELL me both sides w/o asking. But if you feel like you're not getting the full story ASK. Keep pressing.

I went ahead and googled "cord blood banking pros and cons" came up w/this link: Pros and Cons of Cord Blood Banking

You can certainly do the same. I don't think a lot of us here have a lot of experience w/Cord Blood Banking.

--------------------
user posted image

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0084 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]