Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> andrew update, made a 9 month appointment after all....
~Roo'sMama~
  Posted: Mar 20 2006, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 788

Some of you might remember, I wasn't going to make a 9 month appointment for Andrew since he is healthy and doesn't need any more shots until his one year check up, but something has come up and I made an appointment for him for next week.

He's been having a hard time with textured foods - I wasn't too worried at first because I figured it would take awhile for him to get used to it, but it isn't getting any better -actually it almost seems like it's gotten worse in the last week or two if anything- and I want to get some suggestions from his ped. He throws up every time I try to give him something that's thicker than he's used to, or anything with little chunks or lots of texture. He even gags on stage 3 dinners with the tiny little soft noodles in them, and he's thrown that up once. sad.gif This morning I gave him regular oatmeal mixed with applesauce instead of baby cereal oatmeal (trying to cut down on baby cereal since he gets constipated easily) and he threw that up too. I'm just at my wits end as to what I should do... it's probably just something he's going to have to grow out of in his own time but I want to touch base with his ped just to be sure.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 20 2006, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Sounds a bit like what Megan had but not as bad. He should be ok. Megan has grown out of hers pretty much but we had to work with a feeding team for not only that but her tongue sucking. Let us know how it goes. hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 20 2006, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Mar 20 2006, 10:19 AM)
Sounds a bit like what Megan had but not as bad. He should be ok. Megan has grown out of hers pretty much but we had to work with a feeding team for not only that but her tongue sucking. Let us know how it goes. hug.gif

I was wondering how she was doing with that - I'm glad it's getting better! thumb.gif No Andrew doesn't have it as bad I don't think - he never had a problem with the stage 1 and stage 2 jarred foods, or infant cereals (unless I make it too thick) So I don't think we'll have to work with a food team like you did - I hope not anyways. I'm hoping that his ped will just give me some suggestions on how to help him get past it and what I can feed him in the meantime. smile.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

PM

3_call_me_mama
Posted: Mar 20 2006, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

Waiting for sun!

Member No.: 254

The little girl I care for had teh exact same issue as Andrew seems to be having. It took her FOREVER (it seemed) to eat anything textured or regular food. She would gag adn almost choke on the 3rd stage food at 10 months old. She would eat 10-12 bites maybe and then throw it all up. it ended up resolvin gitself and it just took A LONG time to feed her. like and HOUR so we could wait a few minutes in between each bite. Apparently she didn't swallow teh food all teh way and it just kinda stored up in her throat until it was full, then she threw it up. GROSS!! But it got better, we gave her watery foods and TINY bits of bread or liek 1 cheerio at a time or 1 spaghetti oh type pasta and she learned how to swalloe them and eat. She was almost 1 by teh time she could really eat a serving of a stage 3 jar.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 20 2006, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (cam&kat's_mom @ Mar 20 2006, 03:44 PM)
The little girl I care for had teh exact same issue as Andrew seems to be having. It took her FOREVER (it seemed) to eat anything textured or regular food. She would gag adn almost choke on the 3rd stage food at 10 months old. She would eat 10-12 bites maybe and then throw it all up. it ended up resolvin gitself and it just took A LONG time to feed her. like and HOUR so we could wait a few minutes in between each bite. Apparently she didn't swallow teh food all teh way and it just kinda stored up in her throat until it was full, then she threw it up. GROSS!! But it got better, we gave her watery foods and TINY bits of bread or liek 1 cheerio at a time or 1 spaghetti oh type pasta and she learned how to swalloe them and eat. She was almost 1 by teh time she could really eat a serving of a stage 3 jar.

Oh great that sounds like fun! wacko.gif Andrew hasn't ever had a problem with eating cheerios or fruit puffs because they dissolve before he swallows them, but he did throw up a gerber wagon wheel. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Mar 20 2006, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

My friend went thru this exact thing with her little boy. He's 2 now and still has an aversion to lots of things. but he is eating and getting plenty of nutrients. I think Roo will be fine on the baby food for awhile...at least it's nutritious, kwim? Just keep introducing new things until you find something he likes.

Good luck and let us know what the ped says. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Mar 20 2006, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

OMGosh, that must be frustrating. Hope the doc has some advice for you, I'm sure he'll be ok. hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 20 2006, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Tonight for dinner I watered down the stage 3 dinner and he did much better with it. He really doesn't like anything to be thick! I was reading a example menu for crawlers on gerber.com a few minutes ago and it was mostly jarred food - of course that's to be taken with a grain of salt since they are trying to get you to buy their food. rolleyes.gif But it does make me feel a bit better about the fact that he's not eating much table food.

--------------------

PM

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0076 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]