Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Newbie wanting to join
Myprecioushearts
  Posted: Jan 13 2006, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,103

Hello everyone! I've been looking for a good 2005 mommies board, hope you don't mind if I join. My name is Abbe, I'm 27 married to Charlie. We're an Airforce family currently stationed in Arkansas. I'm a stay at home mom to three children. Allisa(5), Logan(4) and Caden(6months). I'm looking for a place to make friends with children of the similar age.

A little about my little ones....

Allisa is currently in kindergarden and she's such a school girl! Just a bit of a teachers pet but she's doing wonderful. Allisa is also my heart baby, she was born with a rare heart condition. She had open heart surgery when she was 2 and now has a pacemaker. She does face more surgeries in her future. She's doing wonderful now though.

Logan just turned four in November. We're hoping to get him in a full time preschool next year so right now he's home with me. Logan was diagnosed at the age of three of being a 'high fuctioning autistic' along with sensory integration dysfucntion and several speech/motor delays. He was in speech and occupational therapy for over a year. We took him out of those a few months ago because he sort of hit a brick wall and was going in the wrong direction. He's done wonderful with his speech these last few months. The sensory issues are really hard for him though. I don't feel he's a true autistic, he's just got several of those characteristics. It's the sensory issues he really suffers from. Makes things really hard on a day to day basis with him.

Then there's Caden, oh my sweet little boy! He's such a wonderful, happy baby. He very content to just watch and study everything right now. He has four teeth, he's rolling everywhere, sitting up and just growing so fast! Caden was diagnosed with severe hemophilia after many complications after birth. When he was born he was very unresponsive and not crying. Getting iv's in were a huge challege. Long story short, they suspected a blood infection(even though his and my cultures came back negative) they put him on a 7 day course of antiobotics and he was kept in the NICU. Then day 7, getting discharged they did his circumsision. We had no idea of the hemophilia at the time since it is not in our family. He ended up in the NICU for 2 more days and requiring a blood transfusion. This is all new to us and we're learning as we go. It's a lot to handle though. Caden can have severe joint and muscle bleeds simply from doing what babies do, learning to crawl, walk, teething, you name it he's at risk. He's already started bruising and they are awful. We were told to expect this however but it's still a shock to see a small baby covered in bruises like these. We're terrified when he starts crawling. When he does have a bleed of some type he'll have to go into the hospital for average of 3 days with his blood clotting factor given through IV.

Anyhow, i know that's a lot but figured I'd get all that out now. I'd like to post about future apts, etc and this way you'll have an idea what I'm talking about. Thanks for reading if you've made it this far. I look foward to getting to know everyone here!!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

wavey.gif Hi and Welcome! I'm Sara, first time mom to 7 month old Andrew. smile.gif Your children are all so cute. It sounds like you've had some scary experiences. I can't imagine seeing my baby covered in bruises. hug.gif Keep us posted on how they are all doing! smile.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Mommy2Andrew
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

wavey.gif Hi!

I'm also, kinda new. My name is Casey, I'm 19. I have a son, named Andrew, and I recently found out that I am expecting number two!

Your children are adorable! wub.gif Keep us posted on their progress!!

Mom2Boyz
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 337

Hi and welcome wavey.gif

I'm Amy, mom to Conner who is 2 and Caden who is 6 months. My Caden was born on June 24th too wub.gif
I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

--------------------
Photobucket

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 13 2006, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Hi,
I'm Monica, SAHM of Kylie & Colt (almost 4) and Macie (almost 2). You've been through a lot with your kiddos! But they are definitely precious in your pic. Welcome to the boards!
PMEmail Poster
MomToMany
Posted: Jan 14 2006, 04:42 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

wavey.gif Hi Abbe! Welcome!!

I'm Mollie (29), a SAHM to 5 great kids; 3 boys & 2 girls. Their ages are 12, 10, 6, 3.8, and 21 months. The boys are in 7th, 5th, & Kindergarten.

What challenges all those conditions must be! You are a strong Mommy wub.gif ! And your siggy is beautiful!
Myprecioushearts
Posted: Jan 14 2006, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,103

Thanks so much for the welcomes so far! Amy--What are the odds we had a boy on the same day and named him the same, how funny! All your children look so beautiful in everyone's siggy's by the way! Look foward to posting more and thanks again for the welcome.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Freckled Momma
Posted: Jan 14 2006, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 3,065

Hey Abbe wavey.gif Welcome to the Board!!

I'm fairly new too and everyone here is very nice and very helpful. I hope you enjoy it!

My name is Glenda, been married 14 years with 4 kids ages: 9,8,6 & 2. I am also a SAHM.

I am looking forward to getting to know you biggrin.gif

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0070 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]