Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Water?
MommyToAshley
  Posted: Jan 5 2007, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I hate the taste of water. I have been trying to drink more of it, but I force myself. I have tried the Crystal light packets that you add to the water, but it gives me headaches.

I like iced tea (even decaf), but I only like it with lots of sugar in it. Same with lemonade... kind of defeats the purpose.

Any ideas to make my water taste yummier without lots of added calories?

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

I need lots of lemon or mint in my water or it's not going down rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
BAC'sMom
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I used fresh lemon or lime too.

Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

This is how I feel about shakes, smoothies, milk and most other 'thick' liquids. tongue.gif

I wonder if all artificial sweeteners give you a headache or just the one in Crystal Light (aspartame, I think). What is sweet n low made of? My mother can only drink water with sweet n low and lemons. It's more like a lemonade, but without calories. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Maddie&EthansMom on Jan 5 2007, 05:21 PM
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Hi, not sure if you all have Splenda down there or not but the Crystal lite gave me headaches because of the aspertame but Splenda doesn't do it. Nestea makes little packets like the crystal lite ones but uses splenda. HTH

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Jan 5 2007, 07:20 PM)

I wonder if all artificial sweeteners give you a headache or just the one in Crystal Light (aspartame, I think).

It probably is. Crystal Light really isn't as good for you as they make it sound. Would putting lemons in it help? Or cucumber slices... I've never tried that but I've heard it's refreshing. Or maybe try mixing a little 100 % fruit juice into it - just enough to add a little flavor. I really don't think Splenda is all that good for you either.

I used to hate water - I would go for days and days without drinking a single glass. A few years ago I started forcing myself to drink it ~ I would fill up a gallon jug, and just keep filling up my glass all day and make myself drink it. I hated it - it took me a few months but eventually I started to like the taste of it. I don't like tap water though, only filtered or bottled. Now, I love water and I can seriously tell a difference in how I feel when I don't drink enough.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0126 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]