Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Maxi Pads, weird question
Mommy2Isabella
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,075

Sal and I are going to go hospital shopping ... maybe tonight if the weather doesn't get to nasty! But, I know Maxi pads are a MUST, well I have never had to buy any of that stuff, so ...can anyone help me out ...

--------------------
Jessica
Wife to Salvador 12.23.05
Mommy to
Isabella 8.8.06 & Isaia 1.2.08 & Ian 8.28.09
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

I preferred the ones the hosp gave me, they are longer then regular ones, but at home I use the always with the dry weave..

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
luvbug00
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

After birth you are gonna need the thickest pads you can find. No joke! Dry weve is good and don't foreget there may be more then just a pad if you deliver naturaly because many woman get hemroids and you may have to line your pad with tux pads too. Sorry to be TMI but it's true. happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo

1lilpeanut2love
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Lot of candles for Spencer! Praying he gets better soon!

Member No.: 3,094

I liked the hospital ones better too. I also used depends-- don't laugh they worked great!! LOL! I never leaked blood wearing the depends. blush.gif
PMEmail Poster
AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

I also used the ones from the hospital for a while after going home. They are thick and longer.....at home I use Always with wings....but I dont have much of an AF anymore with the IUD.....so I'm not much help knowing what is good for heavy flow.

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
Ashlynn's Mommy
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,771

QUOTE (calebsmom @ Jun 13 2006, 07:13 PM)
I preferred the ones the hosp gave me, they are longer then regular ones

iagree.gif They are the best to use after you have a baby.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PMUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
5littleladies
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 03:53 PM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

I always use the ones the hospital gives me at first, but they are really thick and bulky so I switch after a day or so to Always ultra thin with wings. I get the long ones and they work great and aren't obnoxiously huge. wink.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

QUOTE (4littleladies @ Jun 13 2006, 07:53 PM)
I always use the ones the hospital gives me at first, but they are really thick and bulky so I switch after a day or so to Always ultra thin with wings. I get the long ones and they work great and aren't obnoxiously huge. wink.gif

thumb.gif They would be my recommendation also. They have the dry weave and work great!
PMEmail Poster
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

I agree with the other moms. The Longest and Thickest pads you can find are the best! smile.gif And just in case your hospital doesn't provide any....get some tucks pads for swelling in that area. They'll really help. Trust me! wink.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
mammag
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 04:21 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

Ooh, those are unpleasant memories. I pretty much just bought the thin supers and they worked great. The hospital was also kind enough to give me these super attractive fishnet underwear things. The first time I had to wear those I was humiliated! My sister never had those though so hopefully you won't.

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 04:21 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (4littleladies @ Jun 13 2006, 06:53 PM)

I got those too, for a few days after I got out of the hospital. It is TOOOOO hot for those big bulky things!
PM
CantWait
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Use the hospital ones first, then if you run out, you'll need the thickest and longest ones you can find. Wear old granny underwear also. You'll be sure to leak, a lot.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
MomToJade&Jordan
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Nothing like having a sister...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 212

QUOTE (mammag @ Jun 13 2006, 08:21 PM)
Ooh, those are unpleasant memories. I pretty much just bought the thin supers and they worked great. The hospital was also kind enough to give me these super attractive fishnet underwear things. The first time I had to wear those I was humiliated! My sister never had those though so hopefully you won't.

Ah yes the fishnet underwear. blink.gif Both of the military hospitals I gave birth in gave me those. They were also nice enough to give me the super long pads and the tucks. When I got home from the hospital I used the Always overnights. They were perfect.

--------------------
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.

I've been hugged by Lisa, Kelly, Jennifer, Erika, Jimmie, Nichole, Kimberly, and Tammy. Thanks ladies!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Yep, I had the fishnet underwear too...but hey, they keep those HUGE hospital pads in place, right? If you run out of the ones that the hospital gives you, I reccomend the thickest Always that they sell. Extra long too! And buy a container of Tucks as well. Believe me, you'll need them if you have a vag delivery. thumb.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

Jamison'smama
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Member No.: 214

Oh man, those are some unpleasant memories. I agree with everyone else--those fishnet underwear were awful! I wore my maternity underwear for a few weeks afterwards (even when they were huge) so that I didn't ruin the good pairs then threw those nasty things away!

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 06:23 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

QUOTE (4littleladies @ Jun 13 2006, 06:53 PM)
I always use the ones the hospital gives me at first, but they are really thick and bulky so I switch after a day or so to Always ultra thin with wings. I get the long ones and they work great and aren't obnoxiously huge.  wink.gif

dito.gif I switched from the hospital ones to always maxi pads with wings(the thicker ones) while I was still in the hospital, but after I got home I went to good old regular Always ultra thin with wings. thumb.gif I really didn't bleed very heavily after the first day. wink.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Mommy2Isabella
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 06:26 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

THANKS LADIES!! I have NEVER had to buy any type of those products so Sal and I didn't want to go and buy them and stand there and try to choose ... haha he said I could always ask if I could try them on ... but I WOULD RATHER NOT! hahaH... but he said he will ask the ppl at the hospital recommend for when you come home and he will go get those ... smile.gif man he is great!!!

--------------------
Jessica
Mommy to
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 06:27 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (UrShootingStar31 @ Jun 13 2006, 07:04 PM)
well I have never had to buy any of that stuff,

huh?????? never???? wink.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

I recommend the super thin and long overnight ones with maximum absorbency...the thick ones killed me where the stitches were.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Mommy2Isabella
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

yes never !!! LOL, I have never had my period, so that is why Sal and I were so SHOCKED to find I was PG. Also, with the issues I have ... but yes ... sorry if that makes you HATE me .. but NEVER! Now, I am scared that I will start to have my period now that my body has gone thru a "cycle" enabeling me to get PG ... but who knows, LETS HOPE NOT I wouldn't have the slightest Idea of what to do!!

--------------------
Jessica
Mommy to
PMEmail Poster
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

QUOTE (UrShootingStar31 @ Jun 14 2006, 12:37 PM)
yes never !!! LOL, I have never had my period, so that is why Sal and I were so SHOCKED to find I was PG. Also, with the issues I have ... but yes ... sorry if that makes you HATE me .. but NEVER! Now, I am scared that I will start to have my period now that my body has gone thru a "cycle" enabeling me to get PG ... but who knows, LETS HOPE NOT I wouldn't have the slightest Idea of what to do!!

My cousin was exactly like you. She NEVER had a period until she got PG. BUT she had trouble conceiving b/c her hormones were in a pre-pubesent state, causing her to never have a period. But after 5 years of trying she and her hubby ended up PG. Miracles happen. smile.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
Sarah&Mackenzie
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,956

I used the overnight maxi pads from always with the wings. They worked pretty good!

--------------------
Photobucket
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 10:47 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

QUOTE (KEB&1MVB @ Jun 14 2006, 10:37 AM)
I recommend the super thin and long overnight ones with maximum absorbency...the thick ones killed me where the stitches were.

Stayfree makes a ultra thin with wings those are great and work the best IMO

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
amberlynnie
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,866

I preferred the ones from the Hospital as well... just get friendly with a nurse, and ask for an extra bag, they will give them to you. I took spares home both times so far, from different hospitals...they want to make you happy, they will give them to you! good luck with all! biggrin.gif

--------------------

PMEmail PosterAOL

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0156 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]