Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Strong-willed 3 year old, I am at a loss as to what to do!
mommy2010
Posted: Mar 16 2010, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,973

I am new to this board so I will start by giving everyone some background information. I am a 21 year old mommy to a 3 year old and a soon to be 1 year old...both boys. When I had my 1 year old, my 3 year old was very excited and helpful. He never exibited any type of jealous behaviors. The older my 1 year old gets the more my 3 year old acts out. He is starting to show more jealous behaviors as his brother gets older. My 3 year old is VERY strong-willed. I talked to his pediatrician about possible ADHD. Both of his father's brother's have it. But of course he is to young to be tested for it.

My 3 year old has recently started undressing at nap time and pooping all over the place. This has happened 3 times. The first time I gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought it was an accident. It happened again and then yet again which led me to believe that it is not an accident. Today, I laid him down for a nap because he was not being good. I walked in the bedroom and he had pooped on his bed and peed on mine. WHY is this happening and what do I do?????
PMEmail Poster
Mommy1978
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,171

I definitely recommend that you see your Pediatrician about this matter for you to be able to understand your baby's behavior. It could really be just plain jealousy or it could be something else but I commend you for making this keen observation that way you are ready to tell everything to the Physician and not making any guesses.

Write down everything that you noticed about your boy and just listen to what the expert say about the boy's behavior. God bless!
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

ita to above and i wouldn't even go there with ADHD as doctors now a days will happily say that is what it is regardless just to pump your kid full of meds. He doesnt sound hyper or lacking attention because he knows what he is doing and knows your reaction to it. he is testing you and trying to get a rise.
Either he feels left out or he is board.
I supposedly have ADD and stopped medication because IMHO it's a lame excuse to say that I'm just more alert to what is going on in the world. Medication just slows me down in a bad way. I've always believed kids who act out are in need of something and that something is NOT a pill.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0105 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]