Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ok, I have another "hypothetical", about feedings....
MommyToAshley
Posted: Feb 6 2008, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I think the main concern is the substituting pedialyte for formula. I would talk to her first, maybe bring some educational materials. Is there a nurse at the hospital that you can call and have them talk to her. I can't imagine that a Mom would set out to do anything they know to be harmful. It may be as simple as a lack of education and not knowing that she is doing harm to her baby. You said you don't know much about the situation, so maybe the baby is refusing formula and is doign what she thinks is best. A nurse or pediatrician would be able to offer better suggestions. But, I would start out by talkign to the Mom before callign anyone, especially children services. There may be a lot more to the story than what you know.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Feb 6 2008, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

okay just one question where is the dad in all this? what is he doing to care for the child?

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Feb 6 2008, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,476

Ok, I talked to her last night a bit.

I gently REMINDED her that Pedialyte is not a subsitute for formula. I asked her if she was still offering that instead and she paused and then quickly said "No, of course not". Which makes me think that she was (it was in the way she said it). I just lightly told her, "You know Pedialyte is just to re hydrate right? It doesn't have any of the calories and nutrients he needs to grow. Just make sure you offer him formula." She said she still offers the Pedialyte first if he's "congested" b/c the drs said it's "easier to go down" or something like that. dunno.gif I said ok, but just make sure he's still getting the formula he needs, don't substitute it. She said ok.

Then I asked her about the baby food. She said he's eating about a jar a day. I again reminded her he still needs the nutrients from the formula and that should be his main food right now. And to wait a few days before changing the food (I know she wasn't before b/c she told me so). She said she's waiting about 5 days (had to beat my 3 days I mentioned to her).

So I HOPE she's listening...It concerns me a lot less when she calls and either asks advise or actually listens. It's when she goes weeks and weeks and nobody hears from them that it worries me.

Di, as to the dad (Scott). He's there but doesn't help out much sleep.gif He works nights, so he sleeps pretty much all day. She works at a day care (for now) so Isaiah goes w/her during the day. He says he can't "function" w/o like freaking 10 hrs of sleep :rollseyes: Tim (my bf) tells him to suck it up. tongue.gif I know it irritates his parents too.

I don't know if it's just b/c he's a kid (and a whiny spoiled one at that) and this just overwhelms him greatly or what. He's SOOOO immature. Heck guys, they don't even know how to grocery shop or cook ANYTHING. It's sad. Mostly it's b/c her mom sucked as a mom. (And I actually told her that blush.gif and she agreed) <---there's a long story to that one. REALLY sad...

Anyway, to sum it all up YES, I think it's mostly she doesn't have a clue what to do b/c she's ignorant. Her mom didn't do a good job raising her and her siblings, so how could she have any idea what to do?? I'm amazed all her siblings are still alive. No I'm not, they were all taken away, so her mom didn't actually "raise" them....

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Feb 6 2008, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

and she works at a daycare? which one cause I never want any chlid I know going there.

this is beyond sad.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0080 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]