Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Still searching for the right Bathing Suit
moped
Posted: May 13 2008, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,035

The one I ordered from VS just wasn't right and it had NO suuport, which is the biggest problem for these things.....LOL

I ordered 2 this morning from Figleaves.com in the UK, has anyone heard of it or ordered from there?

They are super cool bathing suits, we shall see........... here they are

The blue one is reversible and you get a 2 pack of bottoms..........

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=BA-MG49

This one is sort of strange with the back of it but I like the colors.....and the polka dot bottoms

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=FBF-9872

Wish me luck!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: May 13 2008, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

Poop, blocked! Can you post a picture?

I'm looking for a bathing suit too....I want to snorkle when we go to the Bahamas for our honeymoon..

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
luvmykids
Posted: May 13 2008, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

OMG those are SO SO SO cute! thumb.gif thumb.gif I want the first one, I love the bandeau top (I don't need so much support rolling_smile.gif )Let me know how they fit when you get them, I love their prints!

eta: Dang it, I just looked more and they're all for girls with a little more goods than I have sad.gif Nevermind, I found my size rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by luvmykids on May 13 2008, 07:38 AM
PMEmail Poster

moped
Posted: May 13 2008, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (luvmykids @ May 13 2008, 10:35 AM)
OMG those are SO SO SO cute! thumb.gif thumb.gif I want the first one, I love the bandeau top (I don't need so much support rolling_smile.gif )Let me know how they fit when you get them, I love their prints!

eta: Dang it, I just looked more and they're all for girls with a little more goods than I have sad.gif Nevermind, I found my size rolleyes.gif

Yeah I think it is sor big boobs, I think the D I ordered might be too big but it did say UK run a bit small so I took a chance....UGH

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: May 13 2008, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

QUOTE (moped @ May 13 2008, 08:45 AM)
QUOTE (luvmykids @ May 13 2008, 10:35 AM)
OMG those are SO SO SO cute! thumb.gif  thumb.gif  I want the first one, I love the bandeau top (I don't need so much support rolling_smile.gif )Let me know how they fit when you get them, I love their prints!

eta:  Dang it, I just looked more and they're all for girls with a little more goods than I have sad.gif  Nevermind, I found my size rolleyes.gif

Yeah I think it is sor big boobs, I think the D I ordered might be too big but it did say UK run a bit small so I took a chance....UGH

The US site has my sizes but not the same cute prints dry.gif
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: May 13 2008, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

UGH now i am questioning the size of bottoms I ordered - why am I so indecisive - too late now!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Mommy2BAK
Posted: May 13 2008, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 843

ooh I like!

--------------------
~TAMARA~
Blessed mother to Blakely (7/12/04), Ayden (9/21/07), Addison and Avery (7/2/08)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 14 2008, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Super cute Jen! I think you'll be happy with them, but it's hard to know for sure until you try them on. That's what's hard about ordering online. I've been eyeing the JCrew bathing suits. I have never owned one, but I went into the store the other day and I thought the fabric was really durable. Like it would hold everything in place...Good strong lycra is key. Their prices are high though IMO. But their website lets you mix and match tops and bottoms. It's just so dang hard to choose between colors!

BTW Monica, JCrew has a cute bandeau top that I'm considering. I just bought my first size A bra (have been a B my whole adult life), so personally I'm really having a hard time with bathing suit tops. I think this one may work. It had some padding and wire on the side so that it doesn't scrunch down into one skinny roll around your chest. wink.gif They had it in the store too, so as soon as I can get some alone time, I'm going over there and trying it on. I'll pay the high price if it works!

Jen, I know there was an article in Parent magazine recently about bathing suits. About what type is best for different body types. I know underwire is definitely best for support. Have you tried sites like Speedo? Or places like Sears carries Lands End now, which I always think is a good durable brand. I like my VS swimsuit, but I think VS makes their suits with "sex" in mind, not function or durability, kwim? cool.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: May 14 2008, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Rae,
Yes I have htought about those brands but honestly I am wanting support, style etc.....I don't find that they have stylish suits ya know.......

I really hope these ones work

I have lost a fair bit of weight but these boobs need serious help

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 14 2008, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

QUOTE (moped @ May 14 2008, 10:35 PM)
Rae,
Yes I have htought about those brands but honestly I am wanting support, style etc.....I don't find that they have stylish suits ya know.......

I really hope these ones work

I have lost a fair bit of weight but these boobs need serious help

Gotcha! Well KUP about how they turn out! wink.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
PMEmail Poster
Brias3
Posted: May 14 2008, 08:01 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

QUOTE (mysweetpeasWil&Wes @ May 14 2008, 06:06 PM)
Super cute Jen! I think you'll be happy with them, but it's hard to know for sure until you try them on. That's what's hard about ordering online. I've been eyeing the JCrew bathing suits. I have never owned one, but I went into the store the other day and I thought the fabric was really durable. Like it would hold everything in place...Good strong lycra is key. Their prices are high though IMO. But their website lets you mix and match tops and bottoms. It's just so dang hard to choose between colors!

BTW Monica, JCrew has a cute bandeau top that I'm considering. I just bought my first size A bra (have been a B my whole adult life), so personally I'm really having a hard time with bathing suit tops. I think this one may work. It had some padding and wire on the side so that it doesn't scrunch down into one skinny roll around your chest. wink.gif They had it in the store too, so as soon as I can get some alone time, I'm going over there and trying it on. I'll pay the high price if it works!

Jen, I know there was an article in Parent magazine recently about bathing suits. About what type is best for different body types. I know underwire is definitely best for support. Have you tried sites like Speedo? Or places like Sears carries Lands End now, which I always think is a good durable brand. I like my VS swimsuit, but I think VS makes their suits with "sex" in mind, not function or durability, kwim? cool.gif

Oooh, I'm glad you posted that about the J Crew suits! They looked durable to me too thumb.gif

I was browsing the J Crew site the other day and ended up ordering two tops and two bottoms from there. I wanted to kick myself for spending so much, but was hoping the quality would be there. I'm always pleased with their clothing, despite the price, so was thinking it would be a wise purchase. I hate shopping online for suits though- I like to try on and always end up sending things back! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: May 29 2008, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I got my 2 bathing suits and LOVE them - very very good quality, you know how you can just tell.....well they weren't cheap so they should be good.....FYI, I recommend that website for sure

thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
DillsMommy
Posted: May 29 2008, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,279

They are both really cute! I love pink and brown together.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOL
A&A'smommy
Posted: May 29 2008, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

VERY cute!!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0245 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]