Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Looking for Blog Beta Testers
TLCDad
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 02:34 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

As announced in this thread: http://forums.parentingclub.com/index.php?showtopic=71305, I will be opening up the Parenting Club Community Blogs very soon. But before I open it up to everyone, I need a select few to beta test the system including themes etc.

The beta test bloggers I am looking for are members who will be able to update there blog fairly often and will let me know of any problems.

If you are familiar to blogging especially WordPress blogging, that will be a plus.

If you would like to be one of the first bloggers, please reply to this thread. Please let me know how often you can update your blog and what your main topic will be. Also let me know what you want to call your blog and what username to use. The username will be in the URL of the blog such as parentingclub.com/myblog/
The username must be one word (no spaces) and alphanumeric only.

I can not guarantee I will be able to accept everyone who replys for this initial beta test, but it will eventually be open to anyone who wants to blog soon.

Thanks everyone. We are very excited about this new free feature for our members.
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 02:55 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,308

Rod, I would be interested in being a tester for this.

I will be able to update about 5 days per week.

I would like it to be about Family News.

I am going to think about a name for a little bit and let you know.
Thanks.

Anne Marie

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 04:27 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

Ohhh ohhh I'll be the kids news person! the one who keeps up with the kids goings on. Thier style, their celebs, their intrests!

This post has been edited by luvbug00 on Feb 7 2008, 04:28 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 04:55 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Bah I can blog about anything. i've got time on my hands, daily. emlaugh.gif

Toddler Trials and Tribulations would be what I would blog about.. all the dumb things kids do and the reactions of their humor..

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I would love to blog laugh.gif I'm here daily so I could most likely update daily. My main topic would be The Ups and Downs of Parenting. If you're interested, my regular user name would be fine for the blog.
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Feb 7 2008, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I would love to do it. I can update mine 5 days a week. I can just use my screen name on here Lisar. And I would like to do mine on being a mother of 2 and working outside the home. The challenges of it all and how I manage it all. (is that okay?)

Edited to add things

This post has been edited by lisar on Feb 7 2008, 08:45 AM
PMEmail Poster
TLCDad
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 11:03 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Just wanted to update this. I am just tidying up the code and editing and installing themes (templates), but I should be ready to roll out this beta in the next few days. I just want to have at least quite a few themes for you all to choose from with new ones added quite often. The great thing about this blog setup is you can change your theme anytime you like.

To everyone who has signed up or interested in the beta and the being one of the first Parenting Club bloggers, please let me know the username and title you want me to use. As a reminder the username must be alphanumeric with no spaces as this will be part of your blog link (url). The title will be the name of your blog. For example "My Family Blog". You can edit the title at any time but you can not change your username. Once you login there is an option to modify a tagline for your blog. This is basically a short description that goes under your blog title. It will default to "Just another Parenting Club Webblog."

Again to all users signing up in this thread: I need a username and title for your blog.

Once your blog is created you will receive an email with the your password to login and start posting.

Thanks again everyone!
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 11:08 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

username- luvbugnews
tittle- kidbugs news

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
redchief
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 11:10 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

I'd like to test, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to update often. I'm still settling into my new work schedule and available time has been a bit scarce.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Username: Rockylicious
Title: Rolling with the Punches

So we can pretty much change up our theme anytime?

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
TLCDad
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Feb 12 2008, 02:26 PM)
Username: Rockylicious
Title: Rolling with the Punches

So we can pretty much change up our theme anytime?

Yep. Its a template that changes the way your blog looks but not the content. There are litterally thousands out there. I just need to go through and edit them to fit our site, etc.
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

Username: Lisar
Title: The Challenges
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (redchief @ Feb 12 2008, 03:10 PM)
I'd like to test, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to update often. I'm still settling into my new work schedule and available time has been a bit scarce.

Just curious Ed, will you be writing about your personal life or tips and advice from a Fire Chief?

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
luvmykids
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 02:53 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I'll get it asap, I had a good title the other day and forgot it rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster

Crystalina
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 03:02 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,338

This is so cool! So our blog will be public? Are pictures able to be posted? I would be interested. I blog a lot on MySpace. I would just have to tone it down for PC. emlaugh.gif Videos can be posted also? or just text?

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 04:59 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

is it too late to say I want to add some stuff about finances and cooking with kids?

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
TLCDad
Posted: Feb 15 2008, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Hi everyone! The beta has started. I have created your blogs and you should of received an email. I will PM the ones that I still need a username and title for.

BTW, you can change the Title of your blog at anytime. But your username is permanent.

There are over a dozen themes to choose from right now and I will be adding new themes all the time.

Have fun and thanks for signing up!

If anyone else wants to start a blog, pm or email a username to use and the title.

In the next couple of weeks (if not sooner) I will open up the blog system so anyone can signup on their own automatically.
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Feb 15 2008, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Feb 12 2008, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (redchief @ Feb 12 2008, 03:10 PM)

Just curious Ed, will you be writing about your personal life or tips and advice from a Fire Chief?

A little bit of both, most likely. Since it's themed most of what I write will be centered around fire and safety, but I'll mix in life anecdotes from my family and experiences. I've written commentary, and heck a lot of my posts in PC are basically editorial blogs, so you pretty much know my style. I'll try not to be too dry. I'm not going to make my first one about family fire safety per se, though. tongue.gif

--------------------

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
TLCDad
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

I noticed some of you have not yet started your blogs. Did you have any questions or problems logging in?

PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Mar 4 2008, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I'm still trying to find the time to work through the set up. For instance, I have a "Links" tab and I haven't got a clue about how to edit that page.

--------------------

TLCDad
Posted: Mar 5 2008, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (redchief @ Mar 4 2008, 07:53 PM)
I'm still trying to find the time to work through the set up. For instance, I have a "Links" tab and I haven't got a clue about how to edit that page.

It is a normal page you can create. Just call it links but it appears the theme you are using expect it to be there. Try switching themes and then you will not have to create a links page. But I may edit the theme and remove the default.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0137 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]