Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Double-sided tape!
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 19 2006, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

rolling_smile.gif I wore a fairly low-cut dress for DH's company holiday party and was afraid of showing the goods to his coworkers...and not only the goods, but breastpads included! LOL! laugh.gif So I saw in one of my magazines that they sell these special tape things, which are probably way over priced...so I just went to the drugstore and bought regular double-sided tape! And it woked PERFECTLY! Didn't budge at all!

Just wanted to pass on the tip....

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Dec 19 2006, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Ok, I wanna know how you got it to work because I tried that the other day at our work reception and I ended up hanging out like no one's business. blush.gif Guess that's why the guys were friendly with me. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Dec 19 2006, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

yep we sometimes use that in the theatre.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 19 2006, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Dec 19 2006, 02:33 PM)
Ok, I wanna know how you got it to work because I tried that the other day at our work reception and I ended up hanging out like no one's business. blush.gif Guess that's why the guys were friendly with me. rolleyes.gif

Well from what I remember from your pictures, your boobs are much bigger than mine! So maybe that's why?! blush.gif Mine seriously lasted all night with only two pieces, one on each side! My dress does have a little built in padding in the boob area, so maybe that helped keep things up, but it still opens when I sit down. But the tape kept it all in place! biggrin.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Dec 19 2006, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Karen, one thing they (the actors) do is use a few min-strips no longer than ----- (that) and place on your skin first then place the clothing ontop. Oh and place about 1/4 to 1/2 in from the edge of where the top will be worn.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Dec 19 2006, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (mysweetpeaWil @ Dec 19 2006, 03:26 PM)
QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Dec 19 2006, 02:33 PM)
Ok, I wanna know how you got it to work because I tried that the other day at our work reception and I ended up hanging out like no one's business.  blush.gif  Guess that's why the guys were friendly with me.  rolleyes.gif

Well from what I remember from your pictures, your boobs are much bigger than mine! So maybe that's why?! blush.gif Mine seriously lasted all night with only two pieces, one on each side! My dress does have a little built in padding in the boob area, so maybe that helped keep things up, but it still opens when I sit down. But the tape kept it all in place! biggrin.gif

Yeah, these D's are hard to escape rolleyes.gif I swear they don't make shirts for me. It was a a-line criss-cross blouse, not sure if you can even picture it. BUT I was trying to stick the two pieces of cloth together so it wouldn't gape open, kwim? I couldn't use a safety pin because you'd notice it, although I guess that would have been better than my headlights being on high beam. rolleyes.gif One guy said to me "I'm sorry, I'm trying to have a serious convo with you but they are staring right at me". laugh.gif blush.gif Thank goodness we know each other well and for a long time so it was funny rather than sexual or embarassing. emlaugh.gif I"m going to have to do something about that shirt before I wear it again. tongue.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Dec 19 2006, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

one thing I do for shirts that gap is O will use a hook and eye closer on that part, I sew them in or I have uses snaps before. If all else fails I will safty pin from the inside, hard to do but it works.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 19 2006, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

laugh.gif I'm sorry Karen, I had to sorta laugh at your reply! I definitely do NOT have that problem. I'm a small B even while nursing. They did get bigger as the night went on though! I bet some of the guys were like "wow, at first she was flat and now she has cleavage!" Anyhow, like Di said, you have to put the tape right at the edge and only use a small strip. Yes, I think I stuck it to my skin first and then the dress, but not sure.

So are we going to see a pic of your top? I'll show you mine if you show me yours!! haha

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Dec 19 2006, 10:09 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I'd read that but never tried it...don't really need to since I'm barely a B blush.gif but still good to know thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Dec 20 2006, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (mysweetpeaWil @ Dec 19 2006, 07:25 PM)
laugh.gif I'm sorry Karen, I had to sorta laugh at your reply! I definitely do NOT have that problem. I'm a small B even while nursing. They did get bigger as the night went on though! I bet some of the guys were like "wow, at first she was flat and now she has cleavage!" Anyhow, like Di said, you have to put the tape right at the edge and only use a small strip. Yes, I think I stuck it to my skin first and then the dress, but not sure.

So are we going to see a pic of your top? I'll show you mine if you show me yours!! haha

laugh.gif Dh took one of me before I wore it but the picture is awful. He sure knows how to make me look crappy with a camera. rolleyes.gif I'll download it to my computer tonight, though and let ya take a look. If I recall I had my suit coat buttoned in that pic, though, so not sure if you'll be able to tell or not.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0159 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]