Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Can I do this?
coasterqueen
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 12:13 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I have Dh's Christmas party tomorrow night and haven't found anything I like to wear. dry.gif So I found a goldish/tan sparkly lace-y shirt in my closet this morning brand new w/tags still on it. I guess I must have bought it last Christmas. Anyways, I put it on with a pair of black pants and black pointy-toed heels and Dh thought it looked nice. Looked ok to me, but I'm my own worst critic. rolleyes.gif So at lunch I attempted to find a purse, jewelry and a new black suit coat to go with it. Well didn't find the jewelry or suit coat dry.gif , but found a purse. A really cute, same color as my shirt, purse so I bought it. On the way back to work I started thinking (should never do that rolleyes.gif ) and recall something about shoes and purse should match? Do they really? Since I'm wearing a black suit coat, black pants and black shoes I can't imagine adding any more black and I refuse to go with goldish-tan shoes puke.gif

So can I do that? Can I go with a goldish-tan purse and black shoes?

What kind of jewelry should I wear? I have plain gold earrings and the only gold necklaces I have are heart lockets that say mom on it. wacko.gif Which is what I'll wear if I can't find anything tomorrow at lunch. I can't go tonight, I promised Kylie I'd do something special with her and I know she won't think shopping is special. tongue.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

i am no fashion expert but i think black shoes are fine. maybe something with colored stones for jewellery? some splash of holiday color would be good i think. dunno.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Member No.: 2,273

Absolutely you can wear black shoes and gold purse. I think most of the fashion rules have been trashed anyway.
As for a necklace, I'd go with something with maybe amber colored stones. And the plain gold earrings should work fine.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo

Mommy2BAK
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 843

that sounds good to me! thumb.gif

As far as jewlery you could probably do just about anything. i always like to keep jewlery simple.

--------------------
~TAMARA~
Blessed mother to Blakely (7/12/04), Ayden (9/21/07), Addison and Avery (7/2/08)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 01:50 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Thanks everyone. I 9 times out of 10 chuck the fashion rule, but we are going w/another couple (who I really don't like rolleyes.gif ) and she doesn't work and just shops all day (no kids, a huge fashion nut) and I really don't want her staring at me all night like I'm the worst fashion victim she's ever saw. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

I absolutely despise people who do that, and I get that often with the type of women I encounter through work. dry.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

I'd actually go with black jewelry since it will be up against the shirt most likely.

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
salmndr007
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,036

Sure you can!....wait...I was supposed to read the post first wasn't I!?!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOL
PrairieMom
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 03:03 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (MyBrownEyedBoy @ Dec 7 2006, 04:27 PM)
Absolutely you can wear black shoes and gold purse. I think most of the fashion rules have been trashed anyway.
As for a necklace, I'd go with something with maybe amber colored stones. And the plain gold earrings should work fine.

yessmiley.gif
PM
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Yes, IMO you actually shouldn't match your purse with your shoes these days! Not that I'm setting any rules or say what's in style... rolling_smile.gif ...but you all know I read fashion magazines just for fun and that's what I read recently.

I think you'll be fine with black shoes Karen. I think having a "stand-out" purse is really great, so having the same colored shoes just takes away from it, kwim?

Have fun!

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

I never match shoes with the purse. blush.gif I'm a fashion disaster, though. If it's not jeans and a t-shirt these days then I'm probably not familiar with it. cool.gif

I do think your outfit sounds great and I give you 2 thumbs up for the effort. thumb.gif thumb.gif I doubt the woman you are with will think twice about what you have on. If she's the type I'm thinking of, she's probably more concerned about what SHE'S wearing. wink.gif laugh.gif You know, too self absorbed to care about anyone else. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Thanks everyone. Fortunately the outfit didn't cost me a dime, since it was already in my closet. My suit coat, pants and shoes I wear for work. The shirt was bought last year. So I only had to buy a purse and it cost me $12.99, although it was free because I had a gift card. thumb.gif

You know, later on today I remember reading about how Paris Hilton still matched her shoes w/purse and how she was frowned upon for doing so. So I guess I worried over nothing. happy.gif

If I look 1/2 way decent I'll get a pic of me in my outfit. Maybe. tongue.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Dec 7 2006, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Dec 7 2006, 09:11 PM)

If I look 1/2 way decent I'll get a pic of me in my outfit. Maybe. tongue.gif

I'd love to see a pic of you and Ryan at the party. happy.gif I hope you have a great time, btw! thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0154 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]