Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Video I found, coping w/others
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
  Posted: Oct 23 2008, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

I subscribe to several FA newsletters and this link came today with a video of four women telling their stories. I found this clip really helpful, because it made me realize that I'm truly not alone and that a lot of what I'm feeling, these women are feeling too. They are discussing how to cope with other people's comments and reactions, people in the public or even family members, who fail to really understand the seriousness of FA. I've been dealing with this a lot lately as I've expressed here before. Not only at Wil's school and at the gym, but even within my own family. It may be my own insecurities, but I can tell that some people perceive me as taking it too far with this issue. As if I'm making a bigger deal out of something that is harmless. And it hurts knowing this, but I have tried to remain strong and do what I feel is best to keep Wil safe.

Anyhow, I thought I would share....

FA Clip

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Oct 23 2008, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

I like that girls idea on how to help family members understand!!! Anyway I truly can't imagine how hard that must be and it breaks my heart that anyway family or child has to go through something like that!! hug.gif hug.gif TFS

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Oct 23 2008, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Thanks for sharing the video. I can't imagine being in your shoes and having a child with those kinds of food allergies. You must feel that you are constantly having to educate people and it must be really frustrating when people don't take you seriously. I know some people think I am over-protective but I've got thick skin and it doesn't bother me, my first obligation is to my child. I can only imagine it is ten times worse when you have a child with food allergies. But, hang in there... I think more and more people are becoming aware of the severity of food allergies. I know Ashley's school has some very strict policies in place regarding peanuts and allergies. So, there is some progress being made, don't give up.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0090 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]