Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Making your own "chia" pet
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 3 2008, 05:40 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I wish I had taken a picture of the art project Kylie did, but Megan kind of attacked it so it didn't look the same when I was ready to do it. rolleyes.gif

Kylie did a pretty neat project at school. I'll try to explain it. It is basically your own homemade chia pet.

You take one knee high panty hose sock and put a handful of grass seed at the very bottom of it. Then you fill in a portion of the sock with dirt. Just enough so the sock looks more like the size and shape of a potato. Then you tie off the sock in a knot. Then take a paper dixie cup (those bathroom cups - not the smallest ones, the next size up) and decorate it any way you want to look like a shirt. Kylie put a plain construction paper stripe down the middle of the cup and then stuck beads on it to look like buttons. Put water in the bottom of the cup and stick your "potato" in the cup with the grass seed size up in the air. After that you can use glue dots to stick eyes and a nose on there.

Just keep it watered and grass will grow and you'll have your own chia pet.

I hope I explained it enough. I can take a picture of Kylie's but it really doesn't look like what I described above after Megan attacked it. tongue.gif One thing is Kylie likes to keep taking the "potato" out of the cup and in doing so some of the grass seed has fallen more to the sides so now the "hair" is not growing on top, but on the sides. tongue.gif So that's something to watch out for.

She loves looking at it every morning to see how much it's grown and already asked to give it a haircut. tongue.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
sparkys2boys
Posted: Apr 3 2008, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Sleep, is over-rated!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,128

Neat idea! I may to tweak that idea and not do a dress for the boys..lol!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Apr 3 2008, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

thumb.gif What a neat idea, I'm going to have to try that with the kids!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0176 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]