Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romance is Dead!, What happened?
MyLuvBugs
  Posted: Sep 13 2005, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,471

I remember getting flowers, and little kisses behind the ear, and sexy talk on the phone. Now all I get is "I'm hungry. What's for dinner!"

The the heck happened? We got married. He got his masters degree. We had a baby, and now my life has no romance. The closest I've gotten is "So are you in the mood?" What's all that about!?!?! smile.gif Are men just dumb and completely oblivious? Do they not want romance?

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
redchief
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

QUOTE (amomsjob @ Sep 13 2005, 10:35 AM)
Are men just dumb and completely oblivious? Do they not want romance?

Yep, men are dumb and become "comfortable." I'm guilty too. blush.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

I guess we can all be guilty of becoming too comfortable with one another. I know I'm far from the chipper person DH met 10 years ago. I'm just so tired. I don't dress up for him, cook like I used to, run to him when he comes in the door blahblah.gif blush.gif

Usually when I do something nice for him he will do nice things for me and vice versa. Marriage is about 2 people giving 100 percent at all times. It is hard.
PMEmail Poster

moped
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Sep 13 2005, 10:48 AM)
I guess we can all be guilty of becoming too comfortable with one another. I know I'm far from the chipper person DH met 10 years ago. I'm just so tired. I don't dress up for him, cook like I used to, run to him when he comes in the door blahblah.gif blush.gif

Usually when I do something nice for him he will do nice things for me and vice versa. Marriage is about 2 people giving 100 percent at all times. It is hard.

Aimee gives good advice!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

It is all good advice. But I do try to cook and clean and look descent for him. I've even tried Lighting candles in the bedroom, buying cute little nighties, buying him new clothes, and cleaning up after his messes. Yeah, nothing. I get a "gee thanks hun" or a "So you're in the mood now?" for the nice stuff I do, but nothing in return.

Just short of smacking him up side the head, I'm running out of ideas. I've talked with him about it, and he doesn't see that there is a problem and doesn't know why I get so bent out of wack at what he does or rather doesn't do sometimes.

I guess I wouldn't mind missing the compliments and flowers and romance if he would help out with the little things more. Like helping me with groceries, or picking up after the baby with out me having to ask, offering to cook dinner for me once in a while. It's the little things that he seems to be dense on . sad.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
redchief
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

Hmmm... smacking him in the head probably wouldn't work... perhaps a 2"x4"? j/k

Maybe you could tell him what you're missing?

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Sep 14 2005, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Ya know. I rag on him, but he is the love of my life. wub.gif

But a 2x4 might help every once in a while too. laugh.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0149 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]