Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tell us about....
kimberley
Posted: Mar 17 2005, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

your honeymoon or most romantic getaways. then i can get DH to read all the lovely romantic stories and give him ideas for our honeymoon tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
  Posted: Mar 17 2005, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

mine would have to be in Sept 2002, we planed a last minute trip to FL we wnt to the gulf side as my DH had never seen white sand. I was so cute we had taken our vaction already that year just did local travling, it was not enought for us so on friday morning he called and said lets go to FL this weekend I said your crazy, he said no I am seriouse we have a 3 day weekend we could fly out tongiht after work and come back monday, so we went to work boking flights, car and hotel. Needless to say we went had a blast and it was so romantic just us no real pans for anything but enjoying each other and the white sand, even saw the sunset on the beach. I loved that trip. I hope to be able to do that again someday.

ps we got some great deals with it being very last minute, flight was cheep, got my car renalt place to get me a VIP car (I olnly paid about $60 total for 3 days) and the hotel was nice but less than $50 a night thumb.gif

This post has been edited by Kaitlin'smom on Mar 17 2005, 01:39 PM

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
mammag
Posted: Mar 17 2005, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,050

This will sound really boring but one weekend we went camping and left the kids with Granny. It was nice because there was nothing high tech distracting us. We went on a trail together and it was just so peacefull. We played cards by the fire. To me it was more romantic then any vacation we've been on.

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

GavinsMommy
Posted: Mar 17 2005, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Mum to Gavin Cole

Member No.: 878

On our honeymoon we had a suite at a mountain resort in North GA. It was really nice. It was short...two nights..because Jerimiah couldn't take time from work, he had already missed too many days.

We had candlelit dinners both nights and the food was AWESOME!! You went into the dining cabin and it was sort of like a buffet. The lights are dimmed and there's candles...really nice. Like I said, awesome food!!! That was my favorite part of the day, EATING!!!

The day after our first night...we had a really nice breakfast and then we got a picnic lunch (made by the resort) and we hiked a HUGE waterfall (imagine that me being six months pregnant!) and we ate our lunch on the side of one of the trails. It was so nice. But we never got to the top of the waterfall. It literally went on and on and on...Amicalola Falls.

That night we had another nice dinner...and afterwards watched a movie...28 days...AHH! And the rest isn't G rated.... rolling_smile.gif

The next morning we had another nice breakfast and it was time to go home sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
loveydad
Posted: Mar 18 2005, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

*laughs* we made out in the back seat of my truck for 10 minutes before going home. Now next year we went to go to Hawaii or Europe - London maybe. But with a 7 month old i don't see that happening.
Josie83
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 04:16 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 622

Well we only got to go on our honeymoon because Jason's parents gave it to us as a wedding present! (ut of the blue eloping for wedding remember!). But we went to Verbier in Switzerland just after Christmas and it was amazing. It was just so lovely! We all had a cabin in the mountains and played in the snow with Cassie. It was so romantic. Good luck deciding! wink.gif xx
PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 04:23 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

we went to Sandals in the Bahamas. It was so beautiful! Totally all-inclusive..It was great...we ate, drank, slept in, swam, they had swim up bars in the pools, we went parasailing, went snorkeling, went on a glass bottom boat, water aerobics, laid in lounge chairs all day....they had night time activites too like comedians, pubs, parties....I wish I could go back

it was like we had no worries in the world...

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
mckayleesmom
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

Well in June of 2002 I had a misscariage and was really depressed...Dh was out of town at the time and came home about a week later. He took me to this hotel in Iowa that looks like a castle. Very Romantic. We went out and had a nice dinner and came back to the room. He said he had to go to the bathroom so he went. After about 30 minutes he was still in there...so I thought he was going number 2...LOL. Then he came out and led me into the bathroom.....it was dark,,but there were hundreds of candles in there. There was also this really pretty candle that I had mentioned I liked...it was a oil lamp kind with a floating lilac inside. Then the bathtub was filled with rose pedals and floating candles. Then I got in the bath and he washed my hair and when I got out he gave me a massage and stuff......Lets just say that about 3 weeks later I found out I was pregnant with Mckaylee. wink.gif

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 09:30 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

wub.gif i am drowning in all the romance! wub.gif Bri, that bath sounds awesome! i am not surprised with the result tongue.gif happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
3xsthefun
Posted: Mar 21 2005, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 227

I have to say most romantic for time for me was probably week or two before our house fire. sad.gif I hate bringing that up again and again...

He went back in our bathroom after the kids were in bed, and had some candles burning and a nice hot bath drawn for me. He soaped up a wash cloth and just started giving me a bath and had a mini jacuzzi running. It was really nice. happy.gif

I'd love to go away with just two of somewhere without the kids but not really sure where.

--------------------
Tina wife to Rob (Sept. 25, 1999)
mommy to Kaitlynn (11), Maegan (7) & Ryan (3.5)
PMMSN
moped
Posted: Mar 21 2005, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

WE haven't really been to any place on a honeymoon - I used to travel all over and now we go to a great lake in the rocky mountains every year, but usually take anohter couple with us...............we love it there and love having our freinds with us too - so ummmmmmmmm, no romantic getaways, but we are going on a cruise next year.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
AmyO
Posted: Mar 21 2005, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,433

awwwww I am so jealous, Our honeymoon I was sick and my husband had a toothache. My husband is not very romantic, I hope you get some good ideas

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
Celestrina
Posted: Mar 23 2005, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,362

Well, our honeymoon did not have a very romantic start. On our first night of wedded bliss we were staying a what was supposed to be a good hotel. We go into our room and a few feet away from the bed is a stain only a man could leave behind. puke.gif We were too tired to do anything and we would only be staying there one night.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
paradisemommy
Posted: Mar 23 2005, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Brother/Sister Love :)

Member No.: 142

we went to kauai for our honeymoon - we only had a couple nights there and it was so romantic and quiet - we were both working full time after 9/11 so could only take a couple nights off but it was so worth it - we pretty much just drove around during the day, doing some sightseeing, walked on the beach at night and stayed in our hotel room the rest of the time taking baths and enjoying each other wink.gif...i was about 4 months pg at the time wub.gif

--------------------
May your troubles be less,
your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door.
PMEmail Poster

PascosGirl
Posted: Mar 24 2005, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 1,590

QUOTE (kimberley @ Mar 17 2005, 04:15 PM)
your honeymoon or most romantic getaways. then i can get DH to read all the lovely romantic stories and give him ideas for our honeymoon tongue.gif

This is soooooo sappy but my DH and I went to Europe on vacation before we were engaged. We went to a nice dinner in a small town in Germany and then he took me to a castle (it was at night). We walked around, talked and looked at the village below us. He then got on his knee and told me he wanted to be my knight forever and asked me to marry him. It was so sappy but so awesome!

--------------------
PM
Amanda8
Posted: Mar 27 2005, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,611

We went to St.Lucia for 11 days. I had always wanted to go to a resort there but my DH said we couldn't go for are honeymoon because the resort was really expensive I was kind of upset but during wedding photos he suprised me with 2 tickets it was so perfect. I would love to go back sometime soon.
PMEmail PosterMSN
JAYMESMOM
Posted: Apr 5 2005, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,669

We didn't get to go on a honeymoon due to our work schedules and lack of money. But for our 2 year anniversary of meeting I got a hotel room without him knowing of course. I set it up with his boss to have off the next day and that day I sent him on a scavenger hunt of clues which winded him up at the hotel with me and we spent that night - like the night we first met. Luckily I was still BF or I would probably be pregnant again. blush.gif

--------------------
user posted image
In loving memory of Great-Grandma Wright 3-26-06.
Not pictured Great-Grandma Buckley RIP 11-20-05.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Apr 11 2005, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

My DH and I didn't have a ton of money to spend on a honeymoon, so we decided to stay in California where my parents had a reception for us a month after our small wedding in Colorado (where we live). It saved us money since we were there for the reception anyway. Okay, so that's not romantic! We drove to Napa where we stayed in a great B&B on the coast (in the Russian River area). It was in the middle of the red woods. We had the place almost to ourselves. I remember trying to sneak in the jacuzzi even though it was closed for the winter. We ran around the B&B almost half naked, a little drunk from all the wine we had earlier in the day. We rented a convertible so the scenery was absolutely gorgeous going from one winery to the next. It was early Winter, November, so it was crisp, but fairly warm. We drank great wine and made our own picnics. By the end of the trip, we were broke, so we stayed at a cheap hotel and bought cheese and wine for dinner and ate in front of the TV. It reminded me of the great times I had as an exchange student in Europe - nothing can be more romantic than Europe! Most people would say somewhere tropical is the most romantic, but I wouldn't change our honeymoon for anything even though we never got on a plane. Besides, my DH doesn't like the beach much.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Apr 11 2005, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

I went to Va. and was sick as a dog

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0108 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]