Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Chicken Leg Quarters, what do I do with them?
stella6979
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,252

I'm usually a breast fan, but I decided to buy some leg quarters cause they were on sale, but now I have no idea what to do with them. blink.gif I've checked some recipe sites, but haven't found much. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

This is an AWESOME crock pot recipe that calls for chicken breast but chicken leg quarters can be used, too. I make this recipe AT LEAST every other week -- sometimes once a week. emlaugh.gif

4 boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 pck. dry italian salad dressing (i use half due to salty-ness) or you can use one cup of italian dressing from a bottle or just use your own italian spices like garlic powder, basil, oregano,,etc
1 can condensed chicken soup (i use cream of mushroom soup)
8 ounces cream cheese
1 can chicken broth
minced onion
optional - celery and carrots or add 1 can of peas or the vege of your choice

pour water in bottom of crock pot, then add the chicken. drizzle melted butter over chicken and sprinkle with dry italian dressing. add pepper to taste. i add carrots, celery and onion roughly chopped around the chicken for more veggies and taste.
cook low 6 hours. 45 minutes before done, mix soup and cream cheese (i melt in microwave for a few minutes to combine until smooth). add mixture to crock pot and continue cooking on low for 30-45 minutes.
i sever this over noodles. the sauce is rich and YUMMY!

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (Sam & Abby's Mom @ Sep 4 2008, 11:37 AM)
This is an AWESOME crock pot recipe that calls for chicken breast but chicken leg quarters can be used, too. I make this recipe AT LEAST every other week -- sometimes once a week. emlaugh.gif

1 pck. dry italian salad dressing (i use half due to salty-ness) or you can use one cup of italian dressing from a bottle or just use your own italian spices like garlic powder, basil, oregano,,etc
8 ounces cream cheese
1 can chicken broth
minced onion

pour water in bottom of crock pot, then add the chicken. drizzle melted butter over chicken and sprinkle with dry italian dressing. add pepper to taste. i add carrots, celery and onion roughly chopped around the chicken for more veggies and taste.
cook low 6 hours. 45 minutes before done, mix soup and cream cheese (i melt in microwave for a few minutes to combine until smooth). add mixture to crock pot and continue cooking on low for 30-45 minutes.

that sounds good
PMEmail Poster

Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (lisar @ Sep 4 2008, 11:37 AM)
QUOTE (Sam & Abby's Mom @ Sep 4 2008, 11:37 AM)
This is an AWESOME crock pot recipe that calls for chicken breast but chicken leg quarters can be used, too.  I make this recipe AT LEAST every other week -- sometimes once a week.  emlaugh.gif

8 ounces cream cheese
1 can chicken broth
minced onion

pour water in bottom of crock pot, then add the chicken.  drizzle melted butter over chicken and sprinkle with dry italian dressing.  add pepper to taste.  i add carrots, celery and onion roughly chopped around the chicken for more veggies and taste. 
cook low 6 hours.  45 minutes before done, mix soup and cream cheese (i melt in microwave for a few minutes to combine until smooth).  add mixture to crock pot and continue cooking on low for 30-45 minutes.
i sever this over noodles.  the sauce is rich and YUMMY!

that sounds good

it really really is !!!!!!!!
I actually double the gravy portion (I use 2 cans of chick broth, 2 cans of cream of mushroom and 2 8oz packs of cream cheese and 2 cans of peas) because everyone here loves the gravy so much.

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
PMEmail Poster
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

oh - I made it yesterday and added a cut up fresh tomato to it. YUM !!

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
PMEmail Poster
stella6979
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (Sam & Abby's Mom @ Sep 4 2008, 08:37 AM)

8 ounces cream cheese
1 can chicken broth
minced onion

That does sound good! And this is probably a stupid question, but since it calls for boneless chicken breasts, do I have to de-bone the leg quarters? I'm so clueless!!!!

--------------------
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

You can cook it with the bone -- eventually the meat falls off the bone -- so then you can just remove the bone before you serve it.

It freezes really well, too!

This post has been edited by Sam & Abby's Mom on Sep 4 2008, 08:45 AM

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
PMEmail Poster
stella6979
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (Sam & Abby's Mom @ Sep 4 2008, 08:45 AM)
You can cook it with the bone -- eventually the meat falls off the bone -- so then you can just remove the bone before you serve it.

It freezes really well, too!

Thanks so much!!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0155 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]