Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> No work, No kid!!!!
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: May 29 2008, 04:16 AM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,127

I'm scrappin' from 10 to 3!!! YEAH!!!!!! I have so many ideas for pages floating around in my head (and I've been on the Two Peas website and downloaded a million idea pages) I'm not sure where to start! I can't believe I scored a whole day free!!! banana.gif partydance.gif banana.gif partydance.gif banana.gif partydance.gif

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: May 29 2008, 04:59 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

WTG Cheryl! thumb.gif Enjoy, and share some of your pages when you're done so you can inspire the rest of us laugh.gif

How are you liking your Cricut by the way?
PMEmail Poster
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: May 29 2008, 05:05 AM
Quote Post

Lovin' the "bug", Monica!!! It's really fun. I'd never really dabbled much in making cards before the cricut but now I make them all the time. Lettering is so easy with that guy. I only have 3 cartridges but I'm looking at getting a few after my birthday. thumb.gif

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster

lovemy2
Posted: May 29 2008, 05:06 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

Awesome - I am so jealous - what is the Two Peas website? Do tell....

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
BAC'sMom
Posted: May 29 2008, 06:00 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 7,486

WTG Cheryl! Enjoy! biggrin.gif

--------------------
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: May 29 2008, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Wooohooo! How'd you manage a whole day to yourself?!

Enjoy and have fun! I want to see the pages when you are done... please. laugh.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: May 29 2008, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Well . . .here's my morning work. I'm not the world's fastest scrapper but I'm having so much fun!!!! Having a designated area to work and all my supplies handy helps immensely~God bless my wonderful husband!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this layout. It's very minimalist for me so I put it right in the book to resist embellishing it more tongue.gif
user posted image

This LO doesn't really do it for me but the kid is now 7.5 so I really needed to get it done. Minus the journaling (obviously) rolleyes.gif
user posted image
user posted image

Christine, here's a link to Two Peas. I've bought some stuff here but I love their member galleries . TONS of people post there and they are of all skill levels.
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=recent&gallery=1

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: May 29 2008, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Those are GREAT!!!! I have a hard time being minimalist too. Who am I kidding, I have a hard time getting any one page done laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
stella6979
Posted: May 29 2008, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,252

Those look great Cheryl!! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm trying to get into scrapbooking, but I'm finding that I'm not very creative and don't even know where to begin. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted: May 29 2008, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Those are AWESOME pages and thanks for the link - I am in the process of setting up my area in the basement too - I can't wait - would you post a pic of your area if you don't mind - I need some ideas on how to set it up....

Thanks for the link to the website too!!!

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: May 29 2008, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Well, I foucused on completing some works in progress in the PM.

This was one of the few original ideas I've ever had in my scrapbook life. It was the dream of this page that got me started. I added the journaling blocks today.
user posted image

This one was mostly done except for the journaling block. You'll recognize this paper pack, Dee Dee tongue.gif

user posted image

I threw this page together to complete this layout
user posted image

Christine~I'll try an post a pic of my setup in the next day or so. I remember you saying you are working on carving out a spot. You'll be shocked at how much easier it is to have a designated space.

Stella~you are too funny. I go to the library and read the mags. I steal everyone else's great ideas! It's called scraplifting and I love it!!! thumb.gif

Monica~LOL! I hear you! I did a LO a while back and got 13 pictures on 2 pages!!

This post has been edited by mom21kid2dogs on May 29 2008, 12:19 PM

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: May 29 2008, 12:25 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (mom21kid2dogs @ May 29 2008, 01:17 PM)
Monica~LOL! I hear you! I did a LO a while back and got 13 pictures on 2 pages!!

Wow, you're good! emlaugh.gif emlaugh.gif

I absolutely adore the Don't Blink page! I'm so scraplifting that idea laugh.gif thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: May 29 2008, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I was just coming here to ask you to post your pages. laugh.gif great work!
PM
luvmykids
Posted: May 29 2008, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (stella6979 @ May 29 2008, 09:59 AM)
Those look great Cheryl!! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm trying to get into scrapbooking, but I'm finding that I'm not very creative and don't even know where to begin. sad.gif

Me too, but I learned a long time ago to steal ideas the way Cheryl mentioned....honestly it's the only way I can do it because I'm so not creative and am too analytical to ever decide on my own so I just copy other peoples pages laugh.gif blush.gif
PMEmail Poster

luvmykids
Posted: May 29 2008, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

And Christine, how big of an area do you have to set up in? I don't have a dedicated area yet but one of my friends does and it was really simple....she used a folding office table so she has plenty of room to spread out plus have a friend if she wants, she has those little rolling bins with three cubbies, they slide out to make room for people to sit, and slide back in when she's done. She found a paper organizer that hangs on the wall so all her papers are sorted by color, season, etc...it's a great set up and took hardly any time or money.
PMEmail Poster
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: May 31 2008, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (lovemy2 @ May 29 2008, 12:03 PM)
I am in the process of setting up my area in the basement too - I can't wait - would you post a pic of your area if you don't mind - I need some ideas on how to set it up....

This room is off our kitchen (keep in mind I live in a 100+year old house) and was originally a porch. It's about 6X11 (the size of one of my sister's closets in her new house laugh.gif ) so it's a very small space. I got the desk off craigslist for $75. It's sturdy & heavy as heck. The storage underneath is the unit's shelving and could be put either on top of the desk or under. Under worked for me best. As you can see, I gave poor Stephen 1/3 of the area for his "office"~poor guy! laugh.gif I'm not done with it yet as I still would like to add some wall storage. I'm thinking of buying some thin display strips that have corkboard centers. I can sort and display works in progress on those. Also, I'd like to add a few shelves to get the cricut carts,markers and punches off the desk. Even as it is, I have plenty of scrap surface.

user posted image

View of the whole room
user posted image

You might want to check out this month's Scrapbooks, etc. They had a decent article about using unusual item for storage. They showed a wooden shoe rack that they used for storage that was a GREAT idea. If I had room, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Like Monica said, you can use some creative planning and maximze your space!

This post has been edited by mom21kid2dogs on May 31 2008, 02:38 PM

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted: May 31 2008, 03:33 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Awesome - thanks Cheryl - I am going to use part of my basement - now that my DH has his Big Screen TV upstairs - he doesn't go downstairs to watch TV anymore - he used to get banished to the basement for football - now once I get a space done - I will go downstairs for football!!! The kids have most of the basement as a play room so it will work out great - we have an old track light that was in our kitchen that DH said he would hang back up for me so I have decent light - it is the basement afterall so its not super bright by any means....I am going to get a 6' maybe 8' folding table and take the computer desk I have and incorporate that into it too -

Thanks for the great ideas and I am going to go get that scrapbook mag tomorrow Cheryl - to get some storage ideas so I don't have to spend a fortune on paper holders, etc.....

Now I am all excited and motivated to get this going laugh.gif

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: May 31 2008, 03:36 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

AWESOME you did a good job I LOVE the don't blink one love2.gif You have an awesme workspace

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0179 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]