Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Such a sad story, 6 year old drowned by bullies
ZandersMama
Posted: Aug 15 2007, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,776

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Aug 15 2007, 06:28 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

very sad I hope the boys go to Juvie until they are 12 or 17 then charged as adults for this crime.
But then I know a case in DC where the boy was being charged as an adult when he hit 12 so I hope some good comes from this crime

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Aug 15 2007, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

OMG growl.gif bawling.gif growl.gif bawling.gif

WTH is WRONG with kids these days?

This post has been edited by luvmykids on Aug 15 2007, 06:38 AM
PMEmail Poster

redchief
Posted: Aug 15 2007, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

How horrible! The perpetrating boys were sent away with family for counseling? COUNSELING? This was no simple bullying event. This was terrorism on a juvenile scale. growl.gif growl.gif growl.gif growl.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Calimama
Posted: Aug 15 2007, 08:23 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

This has to be one of the worst stories I've heard in awhile. growl.gif
PMEmail Poster
holley79
Posted: Aug 15 2007, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,515

WTH is wrong with this picture. They are under 12 so they can get away with murder? I don't freaking think so!!!! We have a boy who is being brought up on charges of criminal mischief and arson and he's only 10. That is such a freaking crock. I'm not impressed.

ETA: My thoughts and prayers with the boy's family. I can totally understand the mother wanting them banished. They should be hung up and made a mockery of by their peers.

This post has been edited by holley79 on Aug 15 2007, 01:23 PM

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
tammyhopkins
Posted: Aug 15 2007, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 1,922

That is horrible it has been all over the news here as i live by Winnipeg. the problem is that this is happening more often than it should and kids are getting younger and younger all the time that are causing these deaths.

It makes me very sad to have a young child that you never know when you send then to school what is going to happen.

--------------------
MOM TO JOSHUA AND NICHOLAS WIFE TO JEFF

baby

PMEmail Poster
Anthony275
Posted: Aug 15 2007, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

king

Member No.: 11,092

why can't they do anything? the two boys that were 10 that killed james bulger got punished
PM
C&K*s Mommie
Posted: Aug 15 2007, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

President & CEO of the CNCK Corporation

Member No.: 2,622

so so very sad.

sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
*~*wife to Christopher for 5yrs~*~
~*~mother to Christian (5) & Kellie (3.5)*~*

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Absolutely DISGUSTING.

Kids are rotten theses days becuse of the PARENTS. Puh-lease - when I was 8, if I acted anywhere near that, I'd have had a spanking that would have made it hard to sit for a week. And been grounded until I turned 20.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 05:36 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

bawling.gif I don't understand how children can be so cruel to each other. It's horrible! I feel terribly for that little boys family, just such a tragedy! And the fact that the boys won't be charged adds insult to injury!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

That breaks my heart.

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster
Crystalina
Posted: Aug 18 2007, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,338

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Aug 17 2007, 03:59 PM)
Absolutely DISGUSTING.

Kids are rotten theses days becuse of the PARENTS. Puh-lease - when I was 8, if I acted anywhere near that, I'd have had a spanking that would have made it hard to sit for a week. And been grounded until I turned 20.

I agree 110%! growl.gif Back "in the day" when parents gave a crap about their kids thing like this did not happen. growl.gif Parents are so self-involved it's disgusting.
Kid's these days are being diagnosed with this or that (and please do not think that some kids do not really have problems) but it's so easy to slap a diagnosis on these kids or send them to a therapist. How about starting at home? Watch your kids! Watch what they do, who they talk to, the music they are pumping into their heads more hours in the day then they should and montor the games they play. Be a parent for God's sake! If we had more real parents in this world then this would not happen as much as it does. We cannot blame it on society or the media, the kids or anything else. If we don't allow our kids to do certain things then they won't do it. Period. Parent's need to bow up and take control. mad.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Aug 19 2007, 05:41 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

I wonder how many other kids these boys bullied... it'd be interesting to know. Perhaps that would also make a difference in how they are "disciplined".
I wish the article told the whole story, like what the boys said happened and why, that sort of thing.
I feel sorry for the parents of those boys, too. To know your child had killed someone else, whether it was an intentional death or if they were "just trying to scare him," that has to be a horrible feeling.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

sweetpeasof3
Posted: Aug 23 2007, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Ugh! bawling.gif bawling.gif Just imagine what the mother feels! bawling.gif The nerve of some kids!
HuskerMom
Posted: Aug 28 2007, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 7,388

They can't be held responsible bc they're not 12? Even at their ages they know right from wrong. What a sad story.

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0151 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]