Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Megan on steriods.....the doc was right!
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 06:52 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

O M G, the ENT warned us that Megan might be a little "crazy" on the steriod (for her tonsils) and he was NOT joking. Megan is such a calm quiet child. Not right now. She was going through the house with her hands in the air, smiling and saying "ahhhhhhhh" with this evil grin on her face. ALL NIGHT LONG. Ryan and I were laughing hysterically because it was sort of funny and VERY out of character for her. When Ryan asked what he meant about the effects of the steroids, the doc said "well, if you see her running through the house screaming and chasing you with a pair of scissors we know the dosage is too high for her tiny body". So last night at the dinner table Ryan said "Megan, do you feel you want to run around the house w/scissors?" Megan replied "AHHHHH" with that same attitude I mentioned above. rolling_smile.gif rolleyes.gif Then this morning Ryan and I are outside and Megan opens the door and says "mom, I can't find the scissors!". Our immediate question was "why do you need scissors?" Thinking about last nights conversation. laugh.gif I guess she just wanted to cut out a picture. rolling_smile.gif

We wondered if we should warn her teacher today. tongue.gif I did warn the sitter. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on Feb 27 2009, 06:52 AM

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Lol! rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif How long does she have to be on them for?

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Feb 27 2009, 10:42 AM)
Lol! rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif How long does she have to be on them for?

7 days for the tonsils. If they find esophagus disease after during the scope next week she could be on them as long as 3-6 weeks. happy.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

jcc64
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

The same thing happened with Alec when he was in 3rd grade. He is the mellowest, quietest kid--the one the teacher never even notices is in the room. I distinctly remember the teacher and other students being completely SHOCKED by Alec's behavior when he took steroids for an allergic reaction to poison ivy. It was like "Sybil"--do you remember that movie about the woman with multiple personalities? He was totally insane. Dh has also taken them, and said they made him feel really weird, like he was on a bad acid trip. He couldn't deal with them and took himself off of them.
Hope everything's working out for her/you.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

OMG, Colt was on them when he was three....it was the most horrific week for ALL of us rolling_smile.gif

Are they going to tweak her dosage? GL! hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Feb 27 2009, 11:26 AM)
OMG, Colt was on them when he was three....it was the most horrific week for ALL of us rolling_smile.gif

Are they going to tweak her dosage? GL! hug.gif

I don't know but I just called the ENT because she's now complaining of itching all over her body. unsure.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

caleb used to take steriods for his asthma and it did make him really evil.
I do think that her dose might be to strong as she isnt used to that kind of thing and is small..
and the itching almost does seem like her body is saying its to much..
poor little thing she sure has been thru it lately..

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
julesmom
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 323

My oldest ds has been on steriods for asthma quite a bit. I remember when he was 2 and on them. We went to the peds and he chewed the door stopper off the wall! I told the ped. the steriods were making him crazy! The doc. lowered the dose and things calmed down alot. He was still hyper, but not crazy nutso hyper.

They might want to lower her dose just a bit! wacko.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

emlaugh.gif emlaugh.gif OMG that is too funny!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0113 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]