Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Immunization, MMR & Autism
Ally12208
  Posted: Jan 27 2009, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,351

Hello All,

I'm new to this board. I've been going back and forth about my son's shots he's due for. He just turned 1 this month so he's due for his MMR etc shots. The cdc website shows he can get thoes shots btn 12 & 15 mths. I am very concerned about MMR & Autism. Also I don't think his immune system is strong enough. I haven't called his doctor yet bc I'm afraid of what they r going to say. Does anyone have the same concerns? Thanks in advance.

Ally
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Jan 27 2009, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

The way I see it is that your are the Mom and whatever choice you make is right for you.

That subject can get heated here
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jan 27 2009, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

if they tell you, that they HAVE to have those shots they are wrong find another pediatrician. YOU are mom and YOU have the right to decided you YOUR child is ready fot those shots!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

jcc64
Posted: Jan 27 2009, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

You can always delay the vaccines until you feel his immune system is strong enough to tolerate the shots or you have enough info to feel comfortable making a choice. There is no rush, and there is no medical reason whatsoever that your child has to have the shots RIGHT NOW. Your ped is simply following a public health guideline/ schedule which is based on a lot of non-medical considerations. You are the only one who has your child's individual best interests at heart--do it only if and when you feel your child is ready.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
DVFlyer
Posted: Jan 27 2009, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Just a man

Member No.: 1,368

The autism world can not decide which vaccine or part of the vaccine they want to blame. Some say it's the MMR, some say it's the Thimerasol- mercury.

Regardless, as mentioned above, it's your decision. Keep in mind, by making a decision not to get your child immunized, it may affect their ability to participate in play sessions, day care etc... not to mention you may be frowned upon.

IMO- we don't live in a third world country so waiting to immunize until later does not seem to pose too much of a risk. i.e. you have to be around the diseases one gets immunized for in order to get them.

Best of luck in your decision.

FWIW- my son is on the spectrum

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 27 2009, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

hug.gif hug.gif welcome to the boards!

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0086 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]