Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I need some help with a schedule, baby wise sleep solutions
boyohboyohboy
  Posted: Jan 18 2009, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,466

I am going to do the CIO on andrew starting tonight.
well, my dh is..He is on board and going to have to do most of it, as I am just to likely to give in..
so what I need some help with are times..
Andrew will start his bedtime at 6pm..playing and then bath and then reading to him while he sits in the crib, a kiss goodnight and that should be at 7pm and then not go back in unless he throws up..clean him up and leave again..
now, he will usually sleep until 530-6am..
so what do I do about naps?
I have to leave the house from 245-3p daily for the bus, and the kids have to come there is no one to stay home with them..so can you help me make up a sleep schedule?

(Jen, I emailed you)

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Momof3inMe
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,022

How many naps a day does he take? I would say lunch between 11:30 and 12 and down for nap between 12:30 and 1.

Leah is 2.5 and she has lunch at 11:30 and is down for at nap at 12:30 and sleeps until I have to get the kids at the bus at 3:15.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOL
moped
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Ok, I would say - 7pm - 7am........that would be perfect.

His nap should be at 1pm for 2.5 hours.

I will email you when i get to work as well

BE STRONG

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (moped @ Jan 18 2009, 01:29 PM)

BE STRONG

he cant go to bed at 1pm for 2.5 hours because I have to be at the bus from 245-3pm,
how about 11-2p?
also, if he goes in for nap at 11am and is crying till 1130 and you want him in there for 2hours does the time start at 11am or when he finally goes to sleep?

--------------------

Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,459

I would do lunch at 11 and nap at 11:30-2:30...knowing full well he won't fall asleep right at 11:30 but hoping for 12.

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Jan 18 2009, 12:49 PM)

BE STRONG

he cant go to bed at 1pm for 2.5 hours because I have to be at the bus from 245-3pm,
how about 11-2p?
also, if he goes in for nap at 11am and is crying till 1130 and you want him in there for 2hours does the time start at 11am or when he finally goes to sleep?

I used babywise with the twins and Macie, so first off I think you made a good choice for a guideline hug.gif

If his wake time remains around six, I think 11:30-1:30 would be good, it splits his day wake time just about in half and gives you time to get to the bus. For now, I wouldn't worry so much about timing it from the time he goes in or the time he stops crying and goes to sleep, the basic thing is to establish it the way you want it. If you want him to nap at 11, put him in at 11 and wake him up when you need to. If you want him to nap at 11:30, put him in at 11:30, kwim? Once it becomes more routine you can tweak the times pretty easily but the main thing now is to establish the consistentcy of what works for you.
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 12:37 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

our church recommended baby wise to me today..
I cant say I ever finished reading that book.. I never in a million years thought I would be doing anything like this..
but honestly I can see the effect that lack of sleep is having on andrew and also the refusing to give up the bottle, the need for it to sleep and just the over all condition he is in lately..
he needs sleep. I think until it was pointed out to me, I never realized that he feels just as bad we do right now from lack of sleep if not worse..

so, we sure do need prayers..and I am sure this forum will be my venting arena for a few weeks..
thanks in advance..
blush.gif

--------------------

luvmykids
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Lots of prayers, like I said in the other thread, as horrible as it may seem now and in the first few days, I really do believe it won't take long to get things going in the right direction hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif and you will ALL feel sooooo much better when you're getting enough sleep....I was thinking about you the other day and just don't know how in the world you function on so little sleep. Hang in there, this too shall pass hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Jan 18 2009, 05:20 PM)
Lots of prayers, like I said in the other thread, as horrible as it may seem now and in the first few days, I really do believe it won't take long to get things going in the right direction hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif and you will ALL feel sooooo much better when you're getting enough sleep....I was thinking about you the other day and just don't know how in the world you function on so little sleep. Hang in there, this too shall pass hug.gif hug.gif

We are starting to not function lately..
I think that we have to face it as much as we dont want too.
and in the process we will get rid of the bottles also.

I think its times like this I wish there were family around to help out, even it just gave me a place to go to get away from the crying.

I charged up the ipod..

--------------------

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

ok andrew wanted nothing to do with a night time routine tonight...
he went in at 6 42 and cried till 712
30 mins..he didnt throw up...
so is that not so bad the first try?
I think what i want to hear is that its not bad and maybe he will get this faster then expected....
or maybe prepare me that tomorrow might be worse...before it gets better...

and maybe also tell me how to do this at nap time

--------------------

lovemy2
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Jan 18 2009, 04:29 PM)
I think what i want to hear is that its not bad and maybe he will get this faster then expected....

30 mins isn't bad at all Stacy - that is actually pretty good - he will get into the routine part of it sooner or later - right now I think the most important thing is to be consistent - try the same routine again tomorrow nite and keep doing it over and over - he will get it = same thing for naps....good job hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Jan 18 2009, 01:49 PM)

BE STRONG

how about 11-2p?

If he sleep 11-2 then he is awake too long before bed. How about 12 - 230? And perhaps put him to bed at 630 instead of 7
And the time in bed is total time in bed crying or not, but if he is sleeping don't wake him.....

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Jan 18 2009, 07:29 PM)

30 minutes of crying is great - but how much through the night? I think it is fabulous! Eventually there will be NO crying at all - stay strong

This post has been edited by moped on Jan 18 2009, 08:42 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (moped @ Jan 19 2009, 12:38 AM)
QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Jan 18 2009, 01:49 PM)

BE STRONG

how about 11-2p?

If he sleep 11-2 then he is awake too long before bed. How about 12 - 230? And perhaps put him to bed at 630 instead of 7
And the time in bed is total time in bed crying or not, but if he is sleeping don't wake him.....

he really could use two naps if i could just figure out how to do it.. with the bus..

he is so tired usually around 10am.. but i am afraid to let him sleep after 3pm..

so far he has been awake hourly for about 5-10mins of crying each time..
but he sounds like he is laying there tired and its a whiney cry not an out right screaming cry..he isnt throwing a fit..but he isnt sleeping either..

i assume he is also hungry...

--------------------

moped
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

He's not hungry - did he eat?

If you think he could use 2 naps then do it. He could wake up at 4 and go to bed at 7, but the bus is the problem here.....so let me think

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 18 2009, 09:30 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (moped @ Jan 19 2009, 12:48 AM)
He's not hungry - did he eat?

If you think he could use 2 naps then do it. He could wake up at 4 and go to bed at 7, but the bus is the problem here.....so let me think

he had been sick, so he hasnt been eating during the day yet no..and we tried also to limit the bottles today to make him hungry..
but that didnt seem to work..
he had about 12 ounces drinkable yogurt and then 16 ounces bottles of milk and formula..
we offered food all day he refused..so i know he is going to be hungry until he gets the hang of this.
but we were pretty sure you didnt want us going in offering a bottle..

--------------------

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 02:35 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

welll all and all it didnt seem to go to bad.
he was up hourly and cried each time for only about 5 mins.
he is about to get up in 1/2 hour.

me? I havent slept one min. it was really rough and hard..
my entire body aches..I hope there are not to many more nights like this.

--------------------

luvmykids
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 04:05 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Jan 19 2009, 04:35 AM)
welll all and all it didnt seem to go to bad.
he was up hourly and cried each time for only about 5 mins.
he is about to get up in 1/2 hour.

me? I havent slept one min. it was really rough and hard..
my entire body aches..I hope there are not to many more nights like this.

It won't be long hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Sounds pretty good, actually....if he is only crying for 5 minutes, it definitely sounds like waking out of habit more than something being wrong. If you can swing the two naps like Jenn said, go for it....all my kids napped twice a day well after 2years old, 10-12 in the am, 2-4 in the pm. But because of the bus, what if the afternoon was shorter, say 10-12 and then 3:30-4:30? You may have to make his bedtime later by half an hour but that wouldn't be so bad.
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 04:29 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

what do you guys think about letting him have some bottles yet during the day right now?
he isnt eating this morning and he is in a foul mood. of course I am sure he is tired. but he isnt eating either..
he seems so out of sorts..maybe just a few bottles today and then try to ween him down..since he isnt getting them at night now..?

--------------------

Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,459

30 minutes of initial crying last night is just about right! GOOD JOB STACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will see that decrease if you continue this pattern, you are doing great! And I'm so proud of you for not giving him a bottle during the night...fabulous, really I know how hard that was for you.

If he needs 2 naps, by all means let him nap twice! Thomas did 10-11 and 3-4 until he was almost 2. And then bed at 7 or 7:30, that really could work for him.

If it was me I would not give him a bottle today....sippy with milk, sure, bottle NO! What about some crackers or snacks you're sure he'll eat?

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Our Lil' Family @ Jan 19 2009, 09:16 AM)
30 minutes of initial crying last night is just about right! GOOD JOB STACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will see that decrease if you continue this pattern, you are doing great! And I'm so proud of you for not giving him a bottle during the night...fabulous, really I know how hard that was for you.

If he needs 2 naps, by all means let him nap twice! Thomas did 10-11 and 3-4 until he was almost 2. And then bed at 7 or 7:30, that really could work for him.

If it was me I would not give him a bottle today....sippy with milk, sure, bottle NO! What about some crackers or snacks you're sure he'll eat?

I dont have anything I am sure he will eat..he doesnt really have a taste yet for solids. I am offering everything I have..now that he is up from the first nap, which only lasted 20 mins and a little more plyable..i offered the sippy again and still trying for solids.
he is so fussy.

--------------------

moped
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Jan 19 2009, 09:35 AM)
30 minutes of initial crying last night is just about right!  GOOD JOB STACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You will see that decrease if you continue this pattern, you are doing great!  And I'm so proud of you for not giving him a bottle during the night...fabulous, really I know how hard that was for you.

If he needs 2 naps, by all means let him nap twice!  Thomas did 10-11 and 3-4 until he was almost 2.  And then bed at 7 or 7:30, that really could work for him. 

If it was me I would not give him a bottle today....sippy with milk, sure, bottle NO!  What about some crackers or snacks you're sure he'll eat?

I dont have anything I am sure he will eat..he doesnt really have a taste yet for solids. I am offering everything I have..now that he is up from the first nap, which only lasted 20 mins and a little more plyable..i offered the sippy again and still trying for solids.
he is so fussy.

During naps, are you leaving him the full 2 - 2.5 hours if he sleeps or not?

I always found the naps were harder to figure than the night sleep!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (moped @ Jan 19 2009, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Jan 19 2009, 09:35 AM)
30 minutes of initial crying last night is just about right!  GOOD JOB STACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You will see that decrease if you continue this pattern, you are doing great!  And I'm so proud of you for not giving him a bottle during the night...fabulous, really I know how hard that was for you.

If he needs 2 naps, by all means let him nap twice!  Thomas did 10-11 and 3-4 until he was almost 2.  And then bed at 7 or 7:30, that really could work for him. 

If it was me I would not give him a bottle today....sippy with milk, sure, bottle NO!  What about some crackers or snacks you're sure he'll eat?

he is so fussy.

During naps, are you leaving him the full 2 - 2.5 hours if he sleeps or not?

I always found the naps were harder to figure than the night sleep!

I didnt make him stay in there this morning because I wasnt sure if I was asking him to nap to soon after getting up in the morning..he is tired so I knew he would sleep some..but it was only 20 mins.
he is constantly showing me signs he is tired today.. his eyes are red rimmed and he is so cranky but I was going to try to keep him up till 1130 and put him in again.
after we try lunch
and then again later in the day just because there is no school today

--------------------

moped
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Did you read the info I sent you? There is important info on the 2 hour nap.......so important that you leave them the whole time to learn to nap good etc

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 08:32 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

yes I read the info. I just wasnt sure what to do this am, because I hadnt really decided if I was going with one nap or two, but I do think he needs to. and trying to fit it into the schedule..also I wasnt sure if there was supposed to be a certain amount of hours between morning wake time and first nap..he just got up at 6am I thought it seems early to put him down 8am..but he did take a short nap.
he is still also refusing to eat, so I wasnt sure how hard to push him today when he needs to eat, I am not sure anymore if he is crying because he is hungry or tired. or both..
I am really frustrated, but struggling along.
I know he is tired he looks terrible, so he just went in for nap, and I will leave him in there for two hours.
I dont feel like i have started a good schedule today.

--------------------

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0198 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]