Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I need a sleep nazi mommy, Jen or anyone
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Jan 15 2009, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,766

QUOTE (Boo&BugsMom @ Jan 15 2009, 01:25 PM)
Sounds like DH is using that as an excuse to not do anything about it. 

DH needs to man-up and take the bull by the horns!!!  You can tell him I said that if you want.  tongue.gif  smile.gif

Stacy, I have to clarify and apologize. After re-reading this post I made it sounds like I was bashing your DH, and I truly don't have that intention if it came that way. The way I meant it was different than what I posted. What I wanted to say...

"I am sure DH is really heartbroken when he hears Andrew cry and I am sure he thinks it is better to just give in to make him happy. But, in the end, it's not making anyone happy. Hopefully he can see that letting him CIO and getting tough will in the end make everyone a much happier bunch.". smile.gif

Ok, I feel better now. After I read that later on, I thought it sounded kind of harsh. blush.gif

I mean the part about taking the bull by the horn though. tongue.gif laugh.gif hug.gif

This post has been edited by Boo&BugsMom on Jan 15 2009, 07:49 PM

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 15 2009, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I agree with everything Jenn, Jennie and Christine have said and can't stress enough the bed time routine. He's not sleeping well not only out of the disruption to HIS routine but because he is used to getting the bottle to go to sleep...not because he's hungry, but because that is how he does it. It might take some crying jags for him to figure out he has to fall asleep without it, but don't fall for it thinking it's because he's starving.

I can't imagine how exhausted and frustrated you and DH both must be hug.gif hug.gif but no matter how tough it gets, it will only be for a short time in comparison to living this way for another year or more. I know it feels awful while you're going through it but honestly I don't think it would take him long to readjust. At his age he is able to make some connections pretty darn quick and it might only take a week or two, but if you halfway do it or start and stop that will drag it out for so much longer.

Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 16 2009, 02:36 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

QUOTE (lovemy2 @ Jan 15 2009, 09:02 PM)
Sounds good Stacy - just get the plan together between the two of you first so you have no confusion - or confusion for Andrew - another thing I used to use with my two more when they were infants but chamomile tea - it is calming and also helps their tummies - I made the tea then diluted it but made sure it was still warm - but not too warm for them obviously - once you get a bedtime routine down it might help to be the last thing he gets before he goes down......

christine, that tea sounds like a good idea....and it wouldnt be milk...
I am going to try that..before nap today.

we do have a good bedtime routine..

He is the one who comes to us right before 7 each night and starts to kiss us all..and we say ok its night night time, and he waves to his brothers and goes with no problem.
then we rock him and feed and he is asleep in 5 mins..
no problem.but our routine has to change.

Jennie, I didnt take your posts as husband bashing at all. I dont like to hear my kids cry either, its not just him. He really had a hard time when Jakob didnt eat and went thru all that he did..so the not eating I think scares him. He has said to me on many occassions, why dont our kids just eat? so I think some of it is fear of what might happen if we take the bottles away and he still refuses to eat. I can see that as a rational fear..But I remind myself and him that Jake wasnt normal and that this is him..andrew is perfectly healthy just stubborn.

he diluted the bottles again, and we are going to keep pushing food and I have been distracting him during the day so not to offer bottles..his sleep is worse still but it might be he is now starting to get hungry..
I know we havent come to the hardest part yet..but I hope its soon.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

A&A'smommy
Posted: Jan 16 2009, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

I hope it gets better for you Stacy, I KNOW how hard all of this can be but it will get better!! Good luck and keep us updated on the progress hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0087 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]