Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> help with andrew
boyohboyohboy
  Posted: Dec 13 2008, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,466

first andrew has never slept thru the night...he is 15 months old.
(for the record none of my kids sleep).
but something is up with andrew. he is getting up all of a sudden now for the last three nights about every 15-20 mins. and he is waking screaming like he is in pain. I tried mylacon in case it was gas, we did the leg thing...no real gas..he is moving his bowels reg. normal..
he is eating per his normal. but he is switching to whole milk and is mostly on just whole milk. we had him allergy tested and he has no allergies..no diarrhea from the milk..but i am wondering if its not the milk..
I tried tylenol just because nothing else is working...then I see that it might be teeth, his one eye tooth is coming thru...
if we hold him and rock him he sleeps and it seems to be a deep sleep, but with the slightest movement he is awake, so putting him down is almost impossible.

we are so tired..
any ideas?

I keep thinking since he was just so sick and had those strong antibiotics in his IV if it might have hurt his belly? or can you drink to much milk not at one time, but I mean thru out the day, and he just cant tolerate this whole milk?? lactose intolerance with out diarrhea??

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
CantWait
Posted: Dec 13 2008, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

The only thing I would have thought is the milk, but if his bm's are normal and regular, not strained, than it has to be something else.

Hope you're able to figure it out and catch some sleep soon. hug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Dec 13 2008, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

are you sure he is really awake? Is he inconsoable? I am wondering if he is having a night terror?

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

stella6979
Posted: Dec 13 2008, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,252

Avery gets like that every now and then and our Dr. did tell us that kids do actually get growing pains. She'll be fine, but then out of nowhere she'll say her legs or her knees hurt and it's always at night. Maybe you could ask him if he's hurting anywhere? So far we've had 3 of those little spurts and they lasted about 3-4 days. I hope he's able to get some sleep soon. hug.gif

This post has been edited by stella6979 on Dec 13 2008, 06:44 PM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
msoulz
Posted: Dec 13 2008, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Dec 13 2008, 10:37 PM)
are you sure he is really awake? Is he inconsoable? I am wondering if he is having a night terror?

That is an interesting thought. I wonder how to tell? My son sleepwalks and we can tell but he started at 4.

I have nothing for you, as usual . . . sad.gif

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Dec 13 2008, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Dec 13 2008, 10:37 PM)

he is really upset and inconsolable until we take him out of our room and away from the crib until we do that he cries and cries and usually makes himself throw up...all over the place...

he is also standing up so it makes me think he is awake.

--------------------

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Dec 13 2008, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (stella6979 @ Dec 13 2008, 10:44 PM)
Avery gets like that every now and then and our Dr. did tell us that kids do actually get growing pains. She'll be fine, but then out of nowhere she'll say her legs or her knees hurt and it's always at night. Maybe you could ask him if he's hurting anywhere? So far we've had 3 of those little spurts and they lasted about 3-4 days. I hope he's able to get some sleep soon. hug.gif

he cant really talk yet, and I dont know if he would answer if he could. our middle son gets terrible pain in his feet and the drs say its growing pains..and he cant talk when he is crying to hard either..

I dont really remember when jake started that crying..but it doesnt seem like it was this young..wonder if thats a heritary thing

--------------------

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0114 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]