Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What are your nites like?, 3 1/2 week old...
siblingtooolivia
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 11:01 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,442

Dylan is 3 1/2 weeks old now - I just wondered what everyone else's nites are like - he usually eats between 10-11 at nite and them again at 1-2 am and then 4-5 am and then again 7-8 am - so basically every three hours...

I guess I forgot when they start to go longer at nite - he is on formula 3 1/2 ozs at a time - which seems like alot to me but again I can't remember...

Although today he is going 4 hours in between feedings?

For the most part though at nite he eats and goes back to sleep - does have to settle himself a bit and I tend to pick him up to help him and have realized I have to let him do it himself but I try not to let him make too much noise and wake my husband but I think the longer I help him settle the worse it will be.....

When did people put their newborns in their crib/room? Right now he is in a cradle in my room.

Sorry so many questions, I just forgot all this stuff in the past 4 1/2 years since Olivia was a baby!

--------------------
Christine, wife to Dave 9/29/01, Mom to Olivia 6/7/02 and Dylan 12/16/06

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,459

I can't tell you when Thomas started waking less at night or how many ounces he took, I just don't remember. But I personally put him in his crib from the very first night. He did really well and we never used the cradle in our room.

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 09:50 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

wavey.gif Hey Christine, I've been wondering how it's going for you hug.gif

I think every three to four hours is about right for now, I think my kids generally started to go longer than that when they started eating more. Once they were getting up to six ozs or so they started going longer at night.

I kept all three of the kids in our room in a bassinett until they were sleeping through the night, just for my own ease in feeding at night. I did limit night time feedings to feeding only....after they ate I burped them and put them right back down. I tried to change diapers before the feeding so that after they ate there was nothing to get them out of the sleepy baby with a full tummy mode rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster

ediep
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 05:26 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Jan 11 2007, 01:50 AM)
I kept all three of the kids in our room in a bassinett until they were sleeping through the night, just for my own ease in feeding at night. I did limit night time feedings to feeding only....after they ate I burped them and put them right back down. I tried to change diapers before the feeding so that after they ate there was nothing to get them out of the sleepy baby with a full tummy mode rolling_smile.gif

Yup, this is the same for us too. I change Emma before I feed her and when shees done eating, I burp her, rock her a bit, and then put her back in her basinette. She may fuss for a bit, but she setteles herself and goes back to sleep. If she fusses a lot, I either try more bottle (if she didn't finish before she fell asleep) or I give her the paci

Anyway, Emma is almost 8 weeks old and she is fed at about 9-ish and will sleep until 2-ish, we feed her change her and put her back to bed and she'll sleep until 6-ish then when she wakes up again at 8-9ish I get her dressed and bring her downstairs for her next bottle

some things that I think have helped her determine night/day is I feed her during the night in the pretty dark room and I put her back to bed with soft music playing.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
siblingtooolivia
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Thanks everyone - I guess we aren't too far off - funny how quickly you forget!!! Dylan is having some trouble with reflux which isn't surprising - Olivia had it terribly, I have it, my husband has it - I think it really interuppts his sleep too - he is not a very peaceful sleeper when he is asleep - we need to get to the bottom of it, looks like we will be doing some kind of GI test on him which is ok, not invasive and it will give us some better answers....

Stay tuned......

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
amberlynnie
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,866

Braelynn was waking up every 2-3 hours at night because they limited her intake due to reflux. I upped it slightly, and also have her sleeping in her carseat. This keeps her asleep longer.
As well as these things, Yes the car seat is in my room, right next to the bed, so I can get to her quickly at night, but recently I tried something new and it worked!
When she cried, I just reached over and stuck her Paci in her mouth. She sucked, and went right back to sleep. 3 hours later, same thing, Paci in mouth, right back to sleep... THis worked so well, I was able to get about 6 hours worth of sleep. (braelynn is 6 weeks this week) Right now she is up to 4 ounces a feeding, with 4tsp of rice cereal in it to keep the milk down.
If for some reason the Paci didnt work at night and she continued to cry I would deffinately feed her, but she is getting through the night with just that, So I am a happy camper.
As for the GI test, doing it early is the best way. They dont really fight off the barium they swallow like an older child would. they just drink it, and enjoy it. LOL
Braelynn had hers done at 3 weeks old.
If you have anything else feel free to PM me or ask on here.
GL with everything, he is beautiful! wub.gif

--------------------

PMEmail PosterAOL
siblingtooolivia
Posted: Jan 13 2007, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Well, Ped does know Dylan has reflux but also thinks his discomfort is from a formula intolerance - so he has put him on the old $30 a can alimentum - he is settling a bit better but I am not sure if it is the new formula or sleeping in the bouncy seat....thankfully he gave me and will continue to give me samples of the formula - he also doesn't think he will be on it more than maybe a month...we go back next Wed. for his 4 week appt. and we'll reevaluate then how he is and if we should proceed with checking out the reflux further....

He does pretty good at nite - eats and goes back to sleep, sometimes needs the paci and some music but for the most part is doing pretty good - getting him to sleep during the day for a nap, etc. is a little tougher....but hopefully as we go he will get better at it on his own...right now really wants/needs (not sure what it is - a want or a need) to be held until he falls asleep which scares me!!

--------------------

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0118 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]