Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Nadia(happymom)
mummy2girls
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

I have a question for you( and anyone else that went through this)... All my past relationships were lets say not so healthy for me:( some were druggies, some were just plain idiotic, and some just didnt have a nice bone in his body, and well you know jennas dad. Anyways I have always been treated like crapola from them, put at the bottom of thier list, and just made out to feel used. I guess i attract those kind of men being so passive. Anywho...When I met Marcus my world turned upside down in a good way! He has made me feel special like no other man has, and he has brought a good father figure into Jenna's life. He said he would give up his own life for us if he had too. He always gives me compliments and calls me beautiful, sweetie, honey, etc etc etc. He is such a caring person that just venting to him about anything makes me feel better.BUT there is something really hard for me to do... is accept his compliments. And i know after a while its going to wreack havoc on our relationship and he may turn and run the other way. Im not mean in any way i just find it hard to accept the fact that he loves me as much as he does. I tell him I love him all the time i just find it hard to overcome my past. Have you been dealing with these kind of feelings with Lars. I know your ex did some bad thing s to you and stuff and Lars seems like a sweet guy!!!!!!!!
If so how diod you overcome them?push them aside and be happy?

on a side note.. Marcus is struggling with some things too. His last ex's treated him like crap too. Because Marcus is genuinly a nice guy and would do anything for you these ex's took that for granted and really did harm to him in alot of ways. So he is finding it hard to accept the fact I love him as much as i Do. Yes we both have our issues but we are helping each other deal with them all. and we both have actually come along way but there are still those linguring issues...

This post has been edited by JennasMommy on Mar 9 2007, 07:45 AM

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 11:38 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

Shelly, i know EXACTLY what you mean. i have only dated one decent man before lars ( when i was like 12) anyway I have a VERY hard time accepting his complements. He says i'm pretty and i'm tempted to tell him that he must be blind . NOT used to the praises and compliments at all! blush.gif I have alot of trobble convincing myself that he isn't too good for me and that we fit perfectly. I constantly battle with learning how to take what he says and know he means it honestly. even now he will say "Babe you look beautiful" and i kinda give a shy thanks. Every day is a little easier but hearing the encuragement and knowing he loves me and understands me helps soo much. so i would just take it day by day and when he says how beautiful you are remember how much he loves you and it will assure you he means it and wants you to know. For us to become more confident in ourselves is sexy for them especially when they know they are the reason we feel that way. same goes vice versa, tell him how sexy he is and how he makes you feel. in my eyes you can never say you love someone too much.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
lisar
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

The guy I dated after I had Lexi and before I got with DH was a complete @$$. I wasnt sure how to deal with being eith Gene. He does all those nice things calls me beautiful, sweetie, sweetheart, etc... It was hard for me at first. But I was so happy when I was with him. Time is all you both need. Eventually you will both realize that what you are feeling is true and what he is saying is true. It doesnt matter what we look like on the outside its whats inside. And if you dont think your beautiful when he calls you that just think to yourself that you are BEAUTIFUL... And think "this man really does love me" It will take some time to get use to. But you both will get over about your past relationships.

Sorry for butting in on yalls post though. But I went thru it when I got with Gene. And now here we are 4 years later and I am happy.
PMEmail Poster

mummy2girls
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

QUOTE (lisar @ Mar 9 2007, 02:45 PM)

Sorry for butting in on yalls post though. But I went thru it when I got with Gene. And now here we are 4 years later and I am happy.

your not butting in... i asked for anyone to respond wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
mummy2girls
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

QUOTE (happymom @ Mar 9 2007, 02:38 PM)
Shelly, i know EXACTLY what you mean. i have only dated one decent man before lars ( when i was like 12) anyway I have a VERY hard time accepting his complements. He says i'm pretty and i'm tempted to tell him that he must be blind . NOT used to the praises and compliments at all! blush.gif I have alot of trobble convincing myself that he isn't too good for me and that we fit perfectly. I constantly battle with learning how to take what he says and know he means it honestly. even now he will say "Babe you look beautiful" and i kinda give a shy thanks. Every day is a little easier but hearing the encuragement and knowing he loves me and understands me helps soo much. so i would just take it day by day and when he says how beautiful you are remember how much he loves you and it will assure you he means it and wants you to know. For us to become more confident in ourselves is sexy for them especially when they know they are the reason we feel that way. same goes vice versa, tell him how sexy he is and how he makes you feel. in my eyes you can never say you love someone too much.

Thanks nadia..... its a struggle for both of us. Its new to us as well! We know we love each other but its hard to get past it.. but soon i feel we will!

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0182 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]