Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Teacher vent...
Brias3
Posted: Mar 3 2007, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419

Ugggh, I'm getting so frustrated lately. Or maybe its warranted. Either way, I've been running into some instances with Ryan's teacher lately and now I'm less than pleased.

On two separate occasions now, I feel like I've really been treated with a lack of respect from Ryan's teacher. A few weeks back, I went in to ask a question regarding an issue Ryan was upset about at school that day. I felt like we were having a pretty serious conversation, and then another teacher walked in and Ryan's teacher (whom I was talking to) literally turned around, went "Ahhhhh!!!!!!" and walked to hug the other teacher and then proceeded to jump in a conversation with her, COMPLETELY IGNORING ME and the fact that we were just talking!! dry.gif I eventually kind of slipped out, and she didn't even seem to notice huh.gif

Then, I went in on Friday to question a mark on Ryan's progress report. I made it clear I was not complaining, I just wanted her opinion on how I could begin to best help Ryan improve in this particular category. The teacher next store was playing some music as she cleaned up her room and so the whole time I was speaking to Ryan's teacher, she was bopping away, snapping her fingers to the music. I'm not talking in a subtle fashion either- full out swinging around, etc. When I finished my question, instead of jumping into the answer, she simply said- Gosh, I love these tunes! As if I hadn't been talking at all. And then proceeded to continue and boogy around! I literally said, "That's ok- I can just talk to you about it at another time" and gathered Mason and walked out. She didn't follow or proceed to say anything like, "Oh no! Let's talk" etc.

I feel like, as a parent, I'm not being treated with much respect. I've gotten this vibe from her in past moments over the year, but these two I described were the pinnacles. She's kind of a "sassy" lady, but I feel as though there needs to be more professionalism when dealing with parents. I mean, I'm wanting to talk to her related to my child's education! Isn't that her job?

Grrr.....it really miffed me and I already vented the tale to DH so I felt like I needed to let it out here too. tongue.gif Thanks for "listening"!!

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
Swood75
Posted: Mar 3 2007, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,901

I am sorry that his teacher is acting the way she is..Have you tried talking to the principal?? My DS's teacher is very aggrivating..I got a letter sent home the other day saying he didn't have his behavior report and hasn't been doing his work,etc,etc,etc..Well,I went right back to the school and told her that he DID have his behavior report because I digned it and put it in his folder..So then she was like well,it is HIS responsibility to get his folder out of his backpack (mind you he is 7 yo)and turn it in..I also told her that he HAS had homework that has been done but NOT checked and she gave me the same excuse..I think if she would DO her job and ask the kids to get their folders out then she wouldn't have to worry about the kids not doing their hw or turning stuff in..Sorry if I hi-jacked your post guess I just needed to get that out... wink.gif

--------------------
Shawna~wife to Chris 7-28-93
Mommy to Kameron 4-30-99, Kyleigh 11-13-02 & Kassidy 1-28-09

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PMEmail PosterAOL
Brias3
Posted: Mar 3 2007, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

Oh, I understand completely how frustrating it can be! Sorry your son's teacher is acting less than desirable too!!

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster

CantWait
Posted: Mar 3 2007, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Sorry, it's not you that's for sure. I'd be peeved as well. I say it's time to step ahead and talk to the principle.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

If she cant take 5 min. from her finger snapping rudness she shouldnt be teaching

I would set up another appointment and make sure she sits in her seat unless she wants to show you something

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

hug.gif hug.gif I would speak to the principal about all of this! It doesn't sound like you are going to get anywhere with her!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

If that's how she acts around the parents, what example is she setting for the kids?

I'd talk to the principal. dry.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

QUOTE (gr33n3y3z @ Mar 4 2007, 10:31 AM)
If she cant take 5 min. from her finger snapping rudness she shouldnt be teaching

I would set up another appointment and make sure she sits in her seat unless she wants to show you something

I like this, before going to the principal. When you sit down for your meeting, I'd lead off with, "Now I want to be sure I have your undivided attention. The last two times I was here I felt like you were blowing me off. If you aren't going to take this conference seriously, let me know now and I'll figure something else out."

I think this tactic might give a wake-up call to your son's teacher. If it doesn't, you've given her fair warning of what will happen from there.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

Was she alone with you or were their other people around? Perhaps you should make a sit down appointment with her and discuss it and your issues with her. I would do that first before going to the principal. Sometimes just going to the top right away does more harm than good. If that doesn't work, then go to the principal.

Also, about the responsiblity comment that was brought up...I can see where the teacher is coming from. Even in K, the children learn how to be responsible for their assignments, papers, etc.

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0095 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]