Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> "Tooting my Horn", Still 'doing that'
wcs40110
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,240

Everyone keeps saying it like it's a bad thing. My baby is almost 10 months and we're still doing good! Shes down to feeding every 3 or 4 hours and she went forever without a bottle the other day but i yelled at dad about it. Shes kind of losing interest in bottles and is all about food is this normal? (ie, she went like 8 hrs without a bottle??) I only planned out 6 months but dad says now even if she stops shes not getting formula wink.gif. Meanwhile, people are starting to ask 'what are you gonna stop doing that' I'm like 'nursing my baby?" I usually say when shes old enough for cows milk, which is in like 2 months. They shut up then or say
Shes going to start grabbing your boobs. Whatever, Im just happy shes not biting!!! Anyways, I just had to give my self a high five and a YOU GO GIRL to all you other mommas out there. My friend just had a kid and is tring to bf but struggling, dont think shes gunna make it, wanted a pump.....
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

QUOTE (wcs40110 @ Jul 23 2007, 02:58 PM)
Everyone keeps saying it like it's a bad thing. My baby is almost 10 months and we're still doing good! Shes down to feeding every 3 or 4 hours and she went forever without a bottle the other day but i yelled at dad about it. Shes kind of losing interest in bottles and is all about food is this normal? (ie, she went like 8 hrs without a bottle??) I only planned out 6 months but dad says now even if she stops shes not getting formula wink.gif. Meanwhile, people are starting to ask 'what are you gonna stop doing that' I'm like 'nursing my baby?" I usually say when shes old enough for cows milk, which is in like 2 months. They shut up then or say
Shes going to start grabbing your boobs. Whatever, Im just happy shes not biting!!! Anyways, I just had to give my self a high five and a YOU GO GIRL to all you other mommas out there. My friend just had a kid and is tring to bf but struggling, dont think shes gunna make it, wanted a pump.....

Great news - thumb.gif Keep up the good work!

Whats wrong with pumping?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
wcs40110
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Nothing wrong with pumping, I do it twice a day, 5 days a week. I've just heard that moms that try to pump and bottle it and not acually go from breast dont stick with it most of the time. I did try to tell her how to get one. I'm just really proud of her for trying because as they say any is better than none and it really does not come naturally to most!
PMEmail Poster

moped
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

True - it didn't come naturally to me the first tiem - hopefully I will be more relaxed this time!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

WTG!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how difficult bf is - so a big CONGRATULATIONS is in order for you smile.gif

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

thumb.gif I weaned my youngest at a little over two years old. My first nursed that long too. The bond is amazing and you will cherish these memories forever. Good job

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 01:35 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

I'm still going strong too and Wesley is 13 months. smile.gif I never thought we would get to this point, but we both cherish the bonding time and have no reason to quit yet. Wesley is now on whole cow's milk during the day, but he still nurses at least 3 times throughout the day and definitely before bed and when he wakes up. Don't let others make you feel bad. My LC said that it's recommended to nurse well into the second year now. I know my mom isn't really supportive with it all, she keeps saying "well it's easier for OTHERS if you stop". I think what she is trying to say is that it is easier to leave him with others, but it still bugs me to hear that. I'm not really concerned about how convenient it is for others when it comes to the health of my child. Anyhow, WTG - keep it up! thumb.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
wcs40110
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

I wonder if i'd be able to keep feeding her nights/evenings and not during the day. Ive heard that your body just quits making it at times when shes not feeding. I just dont like pumping at work. its rather inconvient... blink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

I would think you can. I fed Abby only first thing in the morning for months before I weaned her.

It's worth a shot ! Good luck.

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0112 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]