Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Young Authors
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 17 2010, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Anyone's kid participate in the Young Authors program at their schools? Kylie just turned in her book today. It was really weird thinking about her doing it when I had done it as a kid. I had won the Young Author Award for our school when I was in 3rd grade, so I dug my book out to show her what I did. Very surreal. Unfortunately, and this may be because I'm so picky, I don't think she's going to win. She didn't put enough time into it IMO, but I'm proud of her no matter what for wanting to do it, for doing it, and wanting to win. thumb.gif

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on Feb 17 2010, 11:57 AM

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Feb 17 2010, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Is it a national program? I don't think I have heard of it. I know Ashley's school often participates in essay contests, and she did put a book together last year, but I don't think they gave any kind of award for it. It was just a project they did in class.

That's neat that Kylie is participating in a program that you did when you were her age, and even cooler that you still have the book. I have my fingers crossed for Kylie!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 17 2010, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Feb 17 2010, 03:10 PM)
Is it a national program? I don't think I have heard of it. I know Ashley's school often participates in essay contests, and she did put a book together last year, but I don't think they gave any kind of award for it. It was just a project they did in class.

That's neat that Kylie is participating in a program that you did when you were her age, and even cooler that you still have the book. I have my fingers crossed for Kylie!

I'm not sure if it's really considered a program or if it's nationally. I know the school districts in our city do it. When I did it each grade of each school and school district won then they were judged and one per grade of all the school districts one. I received an award at a special ceremony for it.

Not sure if they still do it this way because Kylie didn't participate this year. I guess I'll find out soon, maybe? happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Feb 19 2010, 05:47 AM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

Olivia did it last year and had a lot of fun. She collaborated with a friend who was a pretty good artist so O wrote the story and her friend illustrated it. I assumed it was a national program but I don't remember if there was judging at the local level or what. We didn't get any info on it this year but then again we've only gone a few days in the past two weeks due to weather.
Good Luck, Kylie! thumb.gif

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0102 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]