Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> diaper rash/cow's milk, anyone experiencing this?
victoire2002
Posted: Jul 22 2003, 12:15 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 198

Hi everone

We have not been around lately b/c of vacation, but Aidan started milk on July 1. He loves it, but suddenly he has diarrhea and diaper rash. bawling.gif Poor little guy...he's so cranky b/c of it, and his little bottom is raw and red! Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Ped nurse says it's normal during milk transition b/c milk protein is harder to digest... dry.gif

Would love to hear from you guys!~ wavey.gif
PMEmail Poster
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: Jul 22 2003, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 167

I wish I could help you but we haven't started milk yet ( one more month to go). I would assume it will go away shortly and if not I will also assume the doc can prescribe something to help with the rash. I hope he feels better soon.
By the way how was your vacation? Did you go anywhere exciting?
PM
catou_98
  Posted: Jul 22 2003, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

little angel!

Member No.: 181

you said he started on it july 1, right??? and he is just starting the diahrea???, like 20 days later???? I'd say it might be something else, I think that 20 days later is a bit late to show a reaction! could he possibly be teething? Of course that's just my opinion, we'll see what others think! wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

MommyToAshley
Posted: Jul 22 2003, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I am with catou... sounds a little late to be having a reaction. But, I am a first time Mommy and I am just learning as I go.

I hope he is feeling better and if you figure out what the culprit is, be sure to let us know and keep us informed on how he is doing!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
victoire2002
  Posted: Jul 22 2003, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Yeah, I guess you guys are right. I didn't think about it being 20 days later. The only other thing I can think of is that he found one of his bath toys in one of my desk drawers, pulled it out and started chewing on it before I could stop him. Well, it smelled MOLDY---old bath water, I guess!! Ewwww. Of course he did have diarrhea before that incident, but do you think it could make it worse? Do you think that could be really harmful? Arghhhh! I am driving myself crazy tonight. He's so sad.... he cries every time he sits down on his bottom, or when he poops, which happens to be every hour!!
PMEmail Poster
victoire2002
Posted: Jul 22 2003, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

We went to Louisiana to visit my dad.... nothing really big. Thanks for asking, though. We had a good time.
PMEmail Poster
maestra
Posted: Jul 22 2003, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Member No.: 115

My ped was telling me that when they get diahrrea, it can take two weeks for their bowels to return to normal - like when Jaci had the flu for two days.

HTH! wavey.gif

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jul 23 2003, 05:13 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Hi, we started Thomas on milk in about September and he turned 1 in November. Well let me tell you, it was awfull. He had the worst diaper rash and diareeha. Doc said to stop the milk, back to formula and he should be fine. We did that and he was. We tried the milk at around his 1st Birthday and he was fine then, just needed a couple months to get a little more mature digestive track. Hope this helps. Maybe try stopping the milk, let the belly settle and try again in a few months.

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0087 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]