Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> SlimQuick, Have you tried it?
BabyOwen427
Posted: Oct 13 2007, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Jazz Hands!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,095

I was thinking of trying the slim quick pills to help get a boost on my weight loss. I've read up on them a bit and they are made of (suposed to be) naturally occuring ingredients. I know there is not magic pill to just remove the fat. But I was thinking of something to get me started. I would like to lose about 80 lbs so I know I'm going to have to diet and excersize too.
The thing is, I am also still nursing 3 times a day. So should I wait till he is completely weaned. I don't see an end in sight for that. But with Curtis at BCT and AIT he'll be gone for 5 months so I am taking this opportunity to work on my weight. I am already eating so much better, and walking every night. But I'm not seeing any weight loss or other improvement.

Anyways, my question is... Have you ever tried Slim Quick? Did it work for you? Did you have any side effects?
TIA.

--------------------
Beth, proud Army wife to Curtis, supermommy to Owen!

user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Oct 14 2007, 03:48 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

I never used it but I would talk to your Dr before going on any diet pills and getting a physical maybe he will have something better for you to take.
And I would never take anything like that ever while nursing
Keep us posted

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Oct 14 2007, 06:39 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Diet pills do not work. They really don't. The most they can do is give you energy. wink.gif Most of them speed up your heart and make you jittery. The right diet and exercise will be most effective. The best way to jumpstart your metabolism is to work out daily. thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster

CantWait
Posted: Oct 15 2007, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Yes I've tried them. In the beginning I was very jittery, sweaty, had very losse stoles, etcc...
Not helpful in weightloss at all, and I don't believe for a second they are all natural.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Oct 15 2007, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

I wouldn't take them while nursing at all.

I used them for a while, and did lose about 5lbs in the first week, but nothing after that. They are FULL of caffeine in several different forms, so they did make me jittery.

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0235 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]