Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Getting gas smell out of car, gasoline!!!
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 17 2005, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

My DH just bought a new lawn mower last weekend and used my car (station wagon) to pick it up and to load the gasoline in. So yesterday, when I go to get my hair cut, I smell gas. AND I HAVE A COLD!! I thought maybe it was just outside the salon, but it followed me home! I tell my DH that maybe my car has a leak and he confesses that it's because he used my car to get gasoline for the lawn mower. mad.gif So I'm trying not to get mad because I've been buggin him about the long grass for months. But I have to take Wil out in the "stinky" car the rest of the week...and longer if it lasts. DH left the doors open this morning, but it still reaks of gasoline. Gasoline is probably my least fav smell...it makes me nauseous (sp?).

Any suggestions on getting the smell out??? I'm afraid a car air freshener is just going to mask the gas or mix in to make even a more awful smell!! Could it harm us?? I took Wil out today and had the windows down, but you can STILL smell it!!

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: May 17 2005, 03:41 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

Maybe you could put some baking soda on it that might help, I HATE the smell of gasoline it hurts my head so bad that I get dizzy its awful!! I hope you get it out soon that sound awful!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
lisar
Posted: May 17 2005, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

the smell of gas makes me sick. the only thing I can tell you is to open the car up and let it air out for a couple hours.

Lisa
PMEmail Poster

amymom
Posted: May 18 2005, 02:24 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

I have a few suggestions:

If you have or know anyone who has an ion air cleaner, you could put that in there, close all the windows except one you leave open a crack and run it for a few hours that will take care of the odor. This is the one I know will work but here are some other suggestions:

Or the baking soda on the carpets, and upholstry then vacuum it up with a big vacuum not a car vac. This might work.

(If Gasoline was spilled in the car it will take cleaning the carpet with industrial cleaner)

You could try Febreeze for fabrics on the carpets & upholstry and thenFebreeze makes an air/odor cleaner. You could try these.

Lastly, My husband once got a product at an auto supply place that was supposed to take any odor out of a car. He and I do not remember the name of it. But check with an auto supply place.

Good Luck

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
JAYMESMOM
Posted: May 18 2005, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,669

Febreeze makes an air freshner designed for autos. I would try that and leaving the windows down.

I hope it comes out soon for your sake.

--------------------
user posted image
In loving memory of Great-Grandma Wright 3-26-06.
Not pictured Great-Grandma Buckley RIP 11-20-05.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0160 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]